5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

"Tech Certified" ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 01:45 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: "Tech Certified" ???

ORIGINAL: dimebag

[8D]eh, i give out really ****ty info.... i do work in the field tho, lol
speakin of which?? how are all those auto classes goin for you dime???..last I knew you were in the tranny class the one I did the worksheet for you on
Old 02-22-2008, 01:56 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FASTBLACK

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

i am hoping it gets a little more tech i am trying to call in some friends to help out
Elaborate??
PM sent
Old 02-22-2008, 03:14 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjr46

not at all!!I don't need an internet title to make myself feel good about myself...and for that matter all the ones hanging on the wall at work....the only thing that really matters at all to me is at the end of the day week or month have I resolved.repaired the customers complaint..cause the pieces of paper on the wall don't do that....I'll tell you what a highly decorated mercedes master guild tech = highest honor for a mercedes tech..told me......he said while working at a independent repair shop for meager pay..look what all those pieces of paper and awards got me!!.........needless to say I understood what he meant.....so whether or not your name carries a title above it makes you no better or worse than one who has one
that is very true the papers dont mean anything other than you can read and memorize stuff for a test. its the same thing in the school im in. kids get student of the class (highest grades) but cant do a damn thing in the field. i might not pull the highest grades but i know what im doing when it comes to lab or in the feild when im at work. i dont have any actual certifactions...yet but i could if i had the money to take my ase's or time. and in less then a year i will have 7 out of the 10 ford certifications. hell i think i should have a "tech cerfified" under my name, i work in the feild and i go to school for it oh and i give out some ok info on here lol
Old 02-22-2008, 03:54 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

classes went fine, yea that damn auto trans class... but i took this semester off.... honestly im learning more at work then i learned in the last year and a half of college...

for what its worth, i only have one class left... engine performance(not high perf. just how they perform and work)

ive taken

intro
electrical
a/c
brakes
manual trans/drive train
auto trans
engine repair

and honestly, ive learned more in the last few months at work, then i did there.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:07 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

classes went fine, yea that damn auto trans class... but i took this semester off.... honestly im learning more at work then i learned in the last year and a half of college...

for what its worth, i only have one class left... engine performance(not high perf. just how they perform and work)

ive taken

intro
electrical
a/c
brakes
manual trans/drive train
auto trans
engine repair

and honestly, ive learned more in the last few months at work, then i did there.
that's generally what happens.....you often learn more in the field than you do in class.. but the classes give you the basis to apply theroy and understand it to real life cases/cars you work on...........I learn more at work than I ever did in school cause they are real life situations and when I think back on them I can relate to what was said in class
Old 02-22-2008, 08:11 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: Albizo66

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

ORIGINAL: JD1969

We have decided that to be tech certified you must work in the repair feild and be able to show a proven track record of good advice at this site. I know that there are many techs out there who know less than some hobbiests but we need to have some guide lines. We want to make sure that a certified memeber is going to give out advice that can be trusted.
ahh ha so that's the criteria!!..good to know..a month or two ago I asked this question but to a moderator just out of curiosity and he was very instrumental in helping apply the label to me...I didn't seek it out but was very gracious for his effort to have it applied to me.......only question I could add is how do you prove you work in the field?? cause I know one or two that have the title that don't..in my case it'd of been hard to fudge that one cause the mod that got it for me knows me personally
[8D]
oh helpin out friends huhh, looks like we got some corruption on our hands! haha
Hmmmm, let's see, the only thing corrupt I see around here is the size of your sig!!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:19 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

pwned!!!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^busted!!!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:25 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

ORIGINAL: JD1969

We have decided that to be tech certified you must work in the repair field and be able to show a proven track record of good advice at this site. I know that there are many techs out there who know less than some hobbiests but we need to have some guide lines. We want to make sure that a certified member is going to give out advice that can be trusted.

i work in the field, Although mainly in the auto body field. I'm a collision repair painter. I hold a degree in both collision repair, and auto mechanics I did two 2 yr courses. In may im gonna start knocking out all my core classes and maybe see if i can teach collision repair at the local community college for a supplemental income.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:34 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

ive taken

intro
electrical
a/c
brakes
manual trans/drive train
auto trans
engine repair

that's generally what happens.....you often learn more in the field than you do in class.. but the classes give you the basis to apply theroy and understand it to real life cases/cars you work on...........I learn more at work than I ever did in school cause they are real life situations and when I think back on them I can relate to what was said in class
i must disagree on this one. in the last 9 months i have learned a hell of a lot more than i did from working a year and a half in the field at a private garage. we go so far in depth with every little thing. there are things we know that most techs in the feild do
Old 02-22-2008, 08:37 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

I guess it really depends on the teachers. When I was in tech school, it was a joke. I knew more than most of our instructors. My classmates all wondered what I was doing there. At the time, it was for mearly a piece of paper, nothing else. I got very little out of that course.

Quick Reply: "Tech Certified" ???