5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

how come no one ever created a upper intake for

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:04 PM
TTGreenSN95
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: how come no one ever created a upper intake for

ORIGINAL: projectresto83

Just go buy a kenne bell and be done with it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this is why!!!!

what we need is a intake that we use the superchargers form the 3800 v6 chevy or the supercoupe v6 those things are cheap you can get a used one for like $100--$150 thats the ticket for about 10# of cheap boost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im suprised none has came up with something yet unless I just havent found the webpage yet?

the ones form the v6 supercoupe are a direct retrofit to the v6 mustang some of those guys are turning mid to low 13's with the v6 mustangs imigane if you could get one on a v8...
Old 03-02-2008, 08:14 PM
tooslow5.0
2nd Gear Member

yeah, thats just a cheap eaton m90, theyre on everything from regal gse's to cobalt ss's, pretty much used on most production vehicles...... problem though, they would provide minimal boost on anything over a 302 without being bored to a larger displacement. you can add a smaller pulley, but then your over working it and premature failure would likey happen. just my .02
Old 03-02-2008, 08:22 PM
stangbanger87
3rd Gear Member

good to know tooslow
Old 03-02-2008, 08:24 PM
PJC Racing
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HACKGT350

ORIGINAL: PJC Racing

ORIGINAL: HACKGT350

they do you just need to be carbed to run a roots blower like that for a 5.0
Why do you say it would need to be carbed? It is the same principle as KenneBell.
because its designed for a carbed ap. there is no place for injectors have a look
http://www.holley.com/types/Small%20...4%20Series.asp
I think you missed what he is asking Brother. He's talking about the 2003-2004 Cobra superchargers that have been taken off when the owners upgrade to other blowers. There's alot of them out there. He said upper intake but the meaning is lower, Should have read: "why hasn't anyone made a lower intake for the 5.0 so you could install the Cobra take off superchargers?"
Old 03-02-2008, 08:31 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

+ 1 it's the lower intake that needs to be modified.

The distributer location would cause a problem, however it's nothing an intake spacer couldn't get around, however that would require a larger cowl hood to get around as well.

Reason it hasn't been done is there is probably little to no demand for them on the market. But for the demand there is, nobody probably wants to tackle the task of getting around the distributer, or to take the time to work out how to make one work on both 87-93 and 94/95 models. It could be done with a custom fitted spider based lower intake that's been custom made to harness the S/C, fuel rails, and injectors, however, then the distributer comes back into play.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:34 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I've seen what he's talking about done in reality!! looked wierd/neat as heck!! I was at the track about 4-5 years ago and some dude had swapped in a fuel injected set up into a old style fairmont and had fabbed up his own plate set up to cover up the vanes and fabed up his own bracketry and tubing and had it mounted to the side like a cintrifigual set up would be.......it worked well too!!.. he was running low 12's
Old 03-02-2008, 08:44 PM
PJC Racing
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjr46

I've seen what he's talking about done in reality!! looked wierd/neat as heck!! I was at the track about 4-5 years ago and some dude had swapped in a fuel injected set up into a old style fairmont and had fabbed up his own plate set up to cover up the vanes and fabed up his own bracketry and tubing and had it mounted to the side like a cintrifigual set up would be.......it worked well too!!.. he was running low 12's
I believe I have seen this same car, 3.8L supercharger correct? It was pretty freakin neat.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:42 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

It needs a custom lower intake
Old 03-02-2008, 10:15 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: PJC Racing

ORIGINAL: mjr46

I believe I have seen this same car, 3.8L supercharger correct? It was pretty freakin neat.
No this was at my local drag strip 4-5 years ago and it was a 5.0 motor all custom fab work done
Old 03-02-2008, 11:01 PM
notchbackmatt87
3rd Gear Member

yeah i wish someone would come up with a lower intake found a guy but this is what he charges
mp112 supercharger 14lb boost, lower custom alum - intake with 50lb injectors, alum-fuel rails, 255 fuel pump, adj-fuel reg., 90mm throttlebody with spacer and cold air intake to the fender w/ k&n filter, msd fmu management, crank pulley w/ 8rib belt and tensioner, and reflashed computer, alum-high flow heads w/ matching cam. plus a few other stuff that comes in the kit. ( parts and labor around $6,000.00 ) this parts are all new not used and comes with six months warranty because i'm the only one who carries this custom conversion.

holy **** thats too much money lol.

Quick Reply: how come no one ever created a upper intake for