5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

HID's installed today

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 02:36 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: HID's installed today

they look nice
Old 03-13-2008, 03:30 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

They actually look pretty focused, obviously no regular headlight housing is going to match a projector housing, that's a stupid hope. They look really great, they look about right to me in terms of color but you think they make it bluer? Wonder if I'd be happy with 8000k then, I want them to look blue.

Any radio interferance?
Old 03-13-2008, 03:44 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

They look good! And they also looked focused to me. Hell, i have mine angled low as hell, they barely get past the point where i can see over the cowl, but i like them.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:52 PM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

well..honestly i cant say how they light the road..i installed them yesterday..parked the car there...then my dad came home from work n parked right behind me...i had like a foot that i could roll the car back just to shine them on the garage...as for the unfocused look..i think that has something to do with the fact that it was like 2 feet from the garage n it was kinda reflecting...no clue whether they are aimed properly yet...i still gotta check..right now there just snapped in ..i dont have the little lock on the alignment screw..so ill probably do that tonight..but its supposed to rain..so idk might not happen..and to onyx...theyre the 6K..but thru the smoked lenses i think it picks up some of the smoked and turns it blueish...but i like how they look from the small view i could get last night..and i actually can even use the headlights yet cuz the harness hasnt got here to fix that problem. should be here tomorrow..last night was just the turnsignal held back so the brights would stay on.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:59 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

I would not be concerned with the "focus" issue. That was just one member's opinion and i dont know how he made that assumption. Just a "HATER" i guess. Nice car man.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:37 PM
CantStopTheFox...
4th Gear Member

So you think the smoked headlight is causing the blue?

I bounced around YouTube last night for awhile and was checking out a bunch of comparisons...

It seems that 6k should have a slight blue....but it is hard to see anything accurately with HIDs on a camera at night

Old 03-13-2008, 04:55 PM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

ya idk if it doesnt rain tonight ill have a better shot to look at it..if it rains..well itll stay parked there lol...and ya seeing much with dig camera at night is tough..it sends all kinds of glares....oh n onyx..so far no radio interference..but havnt really tried..i have a ipod that is hardlined into my stereo..so i dont use the radio all that much but ill tryn let everyone know.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:28 AM
TripleJay22
2nd Gear Member

what i noticed also when i put my 10k kit in is that they got a little brighter after about a week of being on and now are amazing and really aren't that blue at all.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:09 PM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

ya..i finally got a chance to drive it at night last night n all i gotta say is freakin great...its so much brighter than before i can actually see now lol...just need to tweek the aim of them a little ..there a little high right now but i think once i get them aimed it i will be perfect...also got lots of compliments from people i saw last night too...say they look pretty sweet
Old 03-14-2008, 12:48 PM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

ya i installed a set on my stang a while back with the 8k bulb, i put new clear cobra housings on with clear corners, it cleaned up the front end a lot, and it made everything 100% brighter, me and a friends installed them in about 1 hour, but it took 10 minutes or more just to find some self tapping screws in my garage to mount the ballasts, but i like my HID's

Quick Reply: HID's installed today