5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Another DEAD Fox. Stupid driver victim

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 08:26 PM
kilgorq
2nd Gear Member

Default Another DEAD Fox. Stupid driver victim

Anyone ever dealt with Safeco. I am having problems with them. They are procrastinating on dealing with any part of my claim. I took the car for an estimate and gave it to them about 2 weeks ago. Last Thursday I called and they said a total loss adjuster would be out on Monday. Monday came and no call from an adjuster. So I called them. They told me they were still waiting for a repair quote. So I called Cadels and they had sent the quote last Monday. Arggggg. what the heck. I just want my car fixed or money to buy another body to put my drivetrain in. The worse part is that it got smacked in front of my house in the early morning. Guy said he didn't see it because his windows were not defrosted.

The repair quote was for $2000 I have about $3500 in the car not counting the hours of work. Hopefully they will at least give me enough to buy a decent straight body. and let me keep the car. The 86 LX Books out at 1800 but I would be hard pressed to find decent fox body around here for less than $2500 and it would need a lot of work.

Any advise on how to deal with the insurance company on actual car value and not book price would be great.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:45 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: Another DEAD Fox. Stupid driver victim

stupid insurance companies always end up screwing you in the end[:@][:@]
Old 03-18-2008, 10:15 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

Foxes never get what their worth
Old 03-18-2008, 10:53 PM
kilgorq
2nd Gear Member

I just spoke with them and they are sending out someone to inspect the car and decide if it is Economical to repair. I Mentioned everything that was in it and the lady was really nice and told me basically that when they come out to decide if it is worth repairing they base it on book value ($1800). If it is not worth repairing then the turn it over to a total loss adjuster. The total loss adjuster then does a market comparison and gather copies of all of my receipts and extras. They base the total loss value off of the comperables in this area and my receipts. The bad part is that based on my car there are no true comperables in this area. I went through the whole spill about new brakes, bearings, bushing kits, rear end, motor, transmission, all body work done, and basically all that was left was paint. She said get all of the reciepts I could find and present them to the adjuster if they decide not to fix it. They will base the final offer on what I provide with the receipts. The part she could not answer was how I account for all of the labor. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

The rental car they gave me just blows my mind. FYI If you like the new Chargers (Not a bad looking car) make sure you dont get a 4 cylinder model. They are gutless. My old accord is faster and it is a turtle.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:20 AM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

man that sucks, hope everything works out for you in the end
Old 03-19-2008, 01:22 PM
hemi_04d
2nd Gear Member

That sucks, my mother in law had a 97 pos Geo Prism with around 250,000 on the odometer and she got $2300 for it when she totaled it, these insurance companies need use more than just the book value on some cars!
Old 03-19-2008, 01:47 PM
CantStopTheFox...
4th Gear Member

Buy yourself a decent condition 4-Banger for $500, and start the conversion......

Old 03-19-2008, 04:16 PM
88sirneedsalot
1st Gear Member

^^^^^ GOOD ADVICE ^^^^^
Old 03-19-2008, 05:41 PM
kilgorq
2nd Gear Member

You meam re-do the conversion Again. If I get enough cash out of this I am thinking about going for a 67 coupe.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:50 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

your going to need more than 2k to pick one of those up that doesent nied 5k in rust removal.....

Quick Reply: Another DEAD Fox. Stupid driver victim