5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

So what's the problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

Default RE: So what's the problem?

bump....
Old 03-31-2008, 02:52 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

try cleaning out your IAC and TB?

try getting the voltage on the TPS, it should be at .98-.99 volts...

I have still yet to do that step, but my idle improved a little since I cleaned the IAC and TB

my CEL is still on, but the car also needs a tuneup... IMO
Old 03-31-2008, 10:17 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

yeah its goin to my buddy this weekend, he thinks either fuel filter or sending unit by how im describing it...i had an exhaust problem a few days ago...my catback disconnected from my x pipe on my drivers side..the x pipe flange came right off the x pipe..thats when the idle problems started, so i thought by resetting the computer, it would help..it did nothing

it was driving weird and sh*tty before this happened though..anyone got any ideas on the "slipping" i described?
Old 04-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

Default RE: So what's the problem? UPDATED

well i dropped it off at my buddys on sunday night, and he called me today..apparently the rubber on my BBK CAI like ate through, and wasn't sealing to the where it connects to the pipe, so i was basically driving around with no MAF..that was the cause for the idle, and lack of power under load problem

as for the slipping, my clutch is shot...f*ck me...210 bucks i dont have right now for a new one, plus the labor to have him do it..
Old 04-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Albizo66

well i dropped it off at my buddys on sunday night, and he called me today..apparently the rubber on my BBK CAI like ate through, and wasn't sealing to the where it connects to the pipe, so i was basically driving around with no MAF..that was the cause for the idle, and lack of power under load problem

as for the slipping, my clutch is shot...f*ck me...210 bucks i dont have right now for a new one, plus the labor to have him do it..

that blows, but at least you know what it is.

do you drive the car daily?
Old 04-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shelty

yeah i knew it had to be something simple, cause the car was running great, then was struggling..so i knew it couldnt be something major...thats something so stupid though...and the clutch REALLY pisses me off..and yeah, i do drive it daily...well, im at school during the week, but am home every weekend to work..
Old 04-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

yeah i knew it had to be something simple, cause the car was running great, then was struggling..so i knew it couldnt be something major...thats something so stupid though...and the clutch REALLY pisses me off..and yeah, i do drive it daily...well, im at school during the week, but am home every weekend to work..
how many miles were on the clutch? king cobra right? gonna get the same kind or go with a Centerforce or Spec?
Old 04-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

how many miles were on the clutch? king cobra right? gonna get the same kind or go with a Centerforce or Spec?
not sure how many miles were on it, i bought car in july of 07..previous owner said he put the clutch in the summer before..yes, it was a king cobra. i'm not sure whether to put in another KC, or go with a CF or Spec...my buddy also has a stock clutch laying around that i might throw in it

i am heavily considering selling it, so idk if i wanna dump that kind of money on a clutch, or just use the stock one my buddy has..
Old 04-09-2008, 08:57 AM
blk40th
4th Gear Member

lol we all consider selling at one time or another. im gonna say the same thing you told me - dont sell it. a clutch is a normal wearable item and does need to be replaced. let me know how much your buddy is gonna charge you, and then bring ur car down to my house and ill put it in cheap.