5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

I am a terrible father

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 03:15 PM
1990lxhatch
2nd Gear Member

Default I am a terrible father

Pretty sure that sums it up.My little girl must be ashamed of me.I touch her all the time...... but I always tell her that I love her while I'm doing it. She hasn't been fed in a long time. The last thing I did was lube her up and beat the crap of her in front of the entire neighborhood. She's been sick for about three months now (all my fault)and this year I am too lazy to help her get well. This is what she has looked like for way too long ***sniffle sniffle***

Someone should report me to Mustang Protective Services!!!
Suppose I just need to get off my **** and finish it up!!
There are a few setbacks however. They will likely be the topic of other posts in the near future.......

Hopefully I can makea video or twothis year. I have a wasted pair of drag radials on the back, a pair of crappy 235/45/17 Kumho's I nabbed from a dealer and a brand new pair of drag radials sitting in the cornerwaiting to be burnt. A buddy from Detroit edits films and I want him to make me a little "glory vid" with footage of this summer. Lucky for me, the roads won't be safelyfree of Minnesota salt until like May[:@]

I'm not the only bad daddy around here am I? [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]
Old 03-27-2008, 03:19 PM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I am a terrible father

wow...i started to read that n was like wft??? then i actually got thru it n realized what u were actually talkin about...its a nice lookin car..what u runnin in it?..i would imagine not stock..but who knows..anyway..i hear ya on the whole salt situation lol..but at least around me they quit usin it(or ran out) a while ago so its pretty well gone..and its raining today so it should all be gone.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

haha wow i was gonna say, WHY WOULD YOU POST THIS!

but now i see why....

yes you are not the only one

as for salt.

hasnt snowed here in a week or two.. and it rained a little last night so everything is gone
Old 03-27-2008, 03:31 PM
rust_stang
I ♥ Acer

**** SALT!
Old 03-27-2008, 04:26 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

You sick f*ck
Old 03-27-2008, 04:32 PM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

pervert.....
Old 03-27-2008, 04:34 PM
jjw88mustang
2nd Gear Member

lol you had me goin
Old 03-27-2008, 04:40 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

AHAHAHA holy crap, that scared me for a second, i was look hmmmm 911? that was funny man
Old 03-27-2008, 05:02 PM
1990lxhatch
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I am a terrible father/moronic nitrous newb ?'s

Ha, I figured a little play on words would rouse y'all a bit

Odds are the roads will be good to drive on before the car is ready to go...I'm just a procrastinator.

Tons of stuff done already but I'll have to post a list at a more appropriate time.
The only thing I am doing this year is putting in a MM strut tower brace and a Steeda clutch cable/quadrant/firewall adjuster. Thankfully my original quadrant is already gone.
I just can't get the cable off the clutch fork...and although adder gave me a good idea - I have the damn seat out for easy dash access. So, I have toset it down...install the seat.. call my neighbor over for a beer and have him crank the pedal down while I wedge something between the bellhousing and release fork.

Contrary to what MM says, my vacuum manifold won't fit with the brace so I have to lengthen the hoses and relocate it. This looks to be a bit of a "fussy" part to install. But, I am picky about how I do things so it has to be perfect or I won't be happy with it.

Then I have to get the nitrous figured out.......so.......I am hijacking my own thread:

Anyone have any clever ways of verifying fuel and nitrous delivery at a STANDSTILL while running through a window switch (3 to 6)?

The only thing I can think of is looking in the throttle body with a flashlight while doing a WOT rev in neutral with the bottle armed. But, this is going to be difficult to see AND I am hesitant to spray the car with the MAF unplugged. Have any of you nitrous guys ever done this?

I haven't sprayed in over a year (made wiring repairs, painted bottlesince then). But as a test for my fuel jets I armed the system and went wide open to about 5 grand with no bottle.....I didn't bog. I didn't see any black smoke... The car just seemed to run normally. Anyone ever done this? Should it bog?

Keep in mind I am running an E303 cam, no cat H pipes, LT headers and like15 degrees of base spark advance. I wouldn't think the little bit of fuel cooling down the nitrous would be enough to make it bog.....but I am a newb to nitrous.

Advise me please
Old 03-27-2008, 05:05 PM
camaroeater
4th Gear Member

You're gonna burn in hell...lol [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Quick Reply: I am a terrible father