5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

"Streetable"

Old 04-03-2008, 10:24 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Default "Streetable"

whats your definition???
Old 04-03-2008, 10:41 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: "Streetable"

something that would be ideal and capable of being driven every day and comfortable....for example not a tubbed , rollcaged , wheelie bared monstrousity....that has tags for the sake of being allowed in the 10.5 ops class...you know those cars aren't streetable even though legally they can be driven on the street
Old 04-03-2008, 10:43 AM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Mine would have to be a full interiored car that can drive in unlimited traffic with no overheating problems. With or without A/C. Good brakes, Running through some type of mufflers. All working signal and running lights. Windshield wipers and horn must work also. In my state we are required to pass a state inspection yearly. I see a big tire car as not a true "street" car, so I would also have to say that stock fender trim must stay intact on inner and outer wheel wells. I'm sure there is more but all I can think of right now.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:47 AM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

I consider mine streetable even though gas mileage sux. I have full interior,lights,wipers, the car never stalls at lights and ride's comfortable. I would not use it for a dd just because of gas, but it is definately a street car.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:01 AM
stangman94
4th Gear Member

No roll bar full interior, power steering, ac, street tires, No surging idle and reliable.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:15 AM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

a reliable car that you can daily drive
Old 04-03-2008, 11:17 AM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

To me there is a difference between a dd and a streetable car. Also, things like ac has no bearing on what is considered streetable, those are creature comforts that some feel they need, like maybe in a dd.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:40 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

a streetable car is anything that is "street legal" working lights, blinkers ect. ect. so if you can have a car that runs in the 6's but has DOT approved tires and working lights i dont see why it couldnt be a "Streetable" car. now whether thats logical to do i guess is up to the person driving.

i would probly take my car off the streets if i started to break into the 10's N/A
Old 04-03-2008, 11:54 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ok mine is definitely different then some of you.

my version is runs on pump gas, and i could drive it to car shows and do a cruise from time to time.

basically i could live without ac heat power steering i could deal with hopping over a cage bar. i wouldnt tub a car though just dont like the look of it
Old 04-03-2008, 12:19 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

I agree with the pump gas, and i would not have a problem with a roll bar either. I drive mine to the strip and to shows, no trailer queen here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Streetable"