5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Probably a stupid question

Old 04-16-2008, 09:34 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: Probably a stupid question

compressed air ftw
Old 04-16-2008, 10:31 AM
.boB
3rd Gear Member

Spray on sime Simple Green, then hose off. Wait for it to dry, or hit it with compressed air to get the water out.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:26 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nseoi

youre selling it?? damn thats one of the cleanest stock looking lx's on this site
Thanks, Not too sure yet tho. Looking at a 300zx TT with low low kms, but I haven't test driven it yet. And Im worried about maitenance costs, Its bad enough living off student loans as it is.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:50 PM
nseoi
4th Gear Member

dont do it. your gonna be sucking up more loans to fix those turbos
Old 04-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

Keep the fox.

Don't go to 300zx. my friend has a 300z with loads of problems.

Its been in a shop the past 4 months cause of fuel related issues and all kinds of electrical crap.

Nothing to bad with the turbo's yet...

I know my fox has its problems, but nothing like his car... he paid 8 for it, and its done nothing but sit...

Old 04-16-2008, 06:06 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

Ha ha sorry to jack the thread,

I just went over and looked up close at the Z, the interior needs a bit of cleaning, the hood has two dents from a garage door, there's a few decent scratches on the front of the car, the exhaust has rusted out, its at 92k kms (a bit under 60k miles) which means it will need a new timing belt and water pump (about $500 from what ive read), rear tires are shot, and the only thing under the hood that didnt come out of the factory is the clutch master. Sooo I cant see myself buying it. But now that I've gotten a few replies for my car, I'm contemplating still selling it and buying something different... like a sn95 haha. I get tired of things fast, and enjoy new things. But if all else fails, I'll keep my fox and be just as happy
Old 04-16-2008, 08:43 PM
ArmchairDeity
1st Gear Member

SN95 is a sweet ride... I love mine. I know what you mean about getting bored with things fast, too. I found an original '64.5 in WI for $4500 I'd buy in a heartbeat if I had the cash on hand. It would be a major project car because the floor pans and engine compartment are all rotting a bit, but it's a 64.5... *sigh*

OTOH, I picked up my SN95 Cobra, kitted and as you see it below, for $4k, so I would think you'd be able to pick up something like it for around 3k to 6k. Just depends on what you want to do. If you wanna mod your car, though, I suggest you get a 96 or later SN95 because the 94 and 95s seem to have fewer aftermarket options available, or at least they're harder to find.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:00 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ArmchairDeity

SN95 is a sweet ride... I love mine. I know what you mean about getting bored with things fast, too. I found an original '64.5 in WI for $4500 I'd buy in a heartbeat if I had the cash on hand. It would be a major project car because the floor pans and engine compartment are all rotting a bit, but it's a 64.5... *sigh*

OTOH, I picked up my SN95 Cobra, kitted and as you see it below, for $4k, so I would think you'd be able to pick up something like it for around 3k to 6k. Just depends on what you want to do. If you wanna mod your car, though, I suggest you get a 96 or later SN95 because the 94 and 95s seem to have fewer aftermarket options available, or at least they're harder to find.

Sell your car to me for 4500, and go buy the car you want Its hard to find a nice sn95 for a decent price around here. And aren't the 4.6L's not that great until later on years?
Old 04-16-2008, 11:43 PM
ArmchairDeity
1st Gear Member

getafewlives, I just gotta say: Not on your live(s), no matter how many you've gotten. It may be harder to find parts for the 94 or 95 cars I _love_ my mustang and plan on leaving it to my kids...

Maybe the 4.6s weren't that great till later on. I didn't realize that. I just know I see LOTS more aftermarket add-ons for the modular engines. That said, it's not like there aren't any for my car, they're just not quite as plentiful for it as they are for other years. All the sites, like Ford Racing, Saleen, Roush, etc., have parts for, come to think of it, 05 and up. Not really for 96s even... so you're right.

I want that 64.5 AND my 94 Cobra, see? [8D]
Old 04-17-2008, 12:01 AM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

Haha I wish I could find a deal like yours. Anything that says cobra is EXPENSIVE around here usually. I saw a saleen replica, for over 10k!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Probably a stupid question