5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

would i beat this car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 11:54 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Default RE: would i beat this car?

so with gt40's and a small shot you think i could take him? if so i'll do it. Mainly i just want to make him look like a tool off the line. i know they are fast but i was thinkin with all that hook and the lighter weight and gears i might have a chance.

i work on this kids card for him and do his mods yet he has the nerve to talk trash on my stang.(i keep working on his car because he makes a lot of money and and his business is consistant otherwise i would tell him to...you know)

I'm so determined to tool him at launch that i just feel like i can Eeek one out on him.

he doesnt know how to race or whatever, he just holds the gas to the floor "1st gear: spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin hook.... 2nd gear spiiiiiin hook, 3rd, 4th...." thats what he always does and i laugh every time cause these subaru's tool him so bad off the line...thats what i wanna do.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:05 PM
95_gtskunk
1st Gear Member

That would **** me off too.. I say you stomp his @$$.. Then maybe he will pay you afterward to do more work!
Old 04-25-2008, 12:05 PM
hatchdemon89
3rd Gear Member

Hey some ported gt40's or get a stock set an have em ported. an yes u'll be set to blow his doors off lol if u know how to drive
Old 04-25-2008, 12:19 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

the drive mod is there for sure. i've gotten tons of practice at the track with the tree with some rather impressiveRT's in my friends '99 GT stang. and i've really gotten use to how to launch on drag radials and i've always been able to bang gears like a son of a B.

im going to video take this for sure, hopefully for an epic win on my part.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

HAH, well i have to say GOODLUCK! and i'm sure if you get nitrous and Gt40 heads you should beat him, or atleast hang with him.

315's [&:]
Old 04-25-2008, 12:31 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: Hollister Hoodlum

HAH, well i have to say GOODLUCK! and i'm sure if you get nitrous and Gt40 heads you should beat him, or atleast hang with him.

315's [&:]
yea its 315's alright but he cant stick em to the ground, he gets tons of tirespin on his launches and he actually gets sideways on 2nd gears, i've actually seen him have to pedal out of 2nd a lil to keep from spinning out. those tires do not get planted.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:01 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

I'm sorry to say, you have no chance. He is probably putting 350+ to the tire with those mods. Even with H/C/I it is going to be hard to beat him. Nitrous may be your only hope. Even then, you may still be lacking on the topend. Get him out of the hole and pray to the Gods he screws up somewhere.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:26 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

It'll be close but he'll definitely by pulling on you hard in the top end and will probably get you in the 1/4. LS1's run about a 13 flat stock with a good driver. Even him being a bad driver with those mods should pull off a low 13. Unless you spray you probably wont get him, w/ spray you should see high 12's but if learns how to hook he'll be seeing 12's as well.

I'm pretty sure his powerband is much smoother than yours. I doubt he is putting ~350rwhp on a stock cammed LS1 though w/ just lt's and an LS6 intake(which is stock on 01-02 and didn't make much of a diff). Maybe 320-330rwhp but it's the cammed ones you need to look out for, they make on average 390-400rwhp. I would say that you are making about what? ~240rwhp? So he has about 80HP on you but you have about a 300lb advantage.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:46 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

some of you that explain it out really give me the feeling there is a decent chance if i can rip him out of the hole.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:51 PM
95_gtskunk
1st Gear Member

All in all I think you will have a good race.. Outta talk a buddy into recording it for you so we can all watch!

Quick Reply: would i beat this car?