5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

part out or sell as is?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 06:47 PM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

Default part out or sell as is?

Well i found a really nice termi close to me, and am trying to buy it, but the fox will need to go asap for me to get it. My fox has alot of mods, but will need some work unless someone is looking for a toy. Here are most of the mods, trickflow hci(all hardware, arp bolts, roller rockers, valve covers, etc...) 42# FRPP injectors, 255 LPH pump, 77MM pro m maf, BBK CAi, no accesories, e-fan, 4.10 gears, eibach drag springs in fron, SSM lower control arms, 90/10a, and 50/50's, subframe connectors, edge 3200 custom stlal converter, autometer a/f ratio, boost/vacuum, trans temp in an a pillar pod, 75mm TB, stalker front end and 3" cowl hood etc... Im sure im forgetting some things, btu this is off the top of my head. THe bad, depending on your taste, the car will need paint, its faded in teh back. There are two small rust spots starting. One in the fenderwell, adn one on the hatch. The interior needs a door panel, my dog tore one up. The power locks do not work, mirrors and windows do though. The car will have a relocated battery and the wires hidden in teh fenders when sold. Im 90% done with that right now. The startes works, but hangs for a second after startup. I am just so tired of dumping time and money into this project. I havent seriously driven it in almost a year due to all the problems. So, to part out, or not to part out? and if not, how much do I ask?
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-04-2008, 06:54 PM
floodzilla
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: part out or sell as is?

first off, im jealous of your avatar. itd be a pain in the *** to part it out but youll probly end up getin more $$$. up here on LI, foxs are disapearing so the prices are skyrocketing, you could probley get around 5500+ for that here, i dont know about down there.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:57 PM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

I would be happy with 5500, without having to part it out. you have permission to steal my avatar im no longer boosted
Old 05-04-2008, 07:05 PM
floodzilla
3rd Gear Member

really? what happened to the boost? why!why!why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2008, 07:12 PM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

LONG LONG story, basically do not do business with superchargerrebuilds.com!

If you need proof, heres a good read http://forums.corral.net/forums/show....php?t=1006240

That is part of the reason this thing is getting sold
Old 05-04-2008, 07:22 PM
blwn93gt
3rd Gear Member

you would probably make more by parting it out, but it would take a lot longer to get rid of it. I would say sell it as it is. If you do decide to part it out I want the front bumper!
Old 05-04-2008, 07:25 PM
floodzilla
3rd Gear Member

i say screw the s/c and do a diy turbo system!!! dude i really feel for ya, you just got screwed over big time. id sue him for it in small claims court. and belive me, you deserve that avatar after all this bro.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:32 PM
NYMustang50
3rd Gear Member

Well if ur going to part it out let me know. serious. but if your going to sell it you could make around 5500 like floodzilla said around here on long island but thats because mustangs around here are demanding thing I dont know what its like where you are.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:38 PM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

well, south texas stangs are dime a dozen around here. I think ill post it for sale for a couple weeks, and if I dont get some serious interest ill part it out.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:41 PM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: floodzilla

i say screw the s/c and do a diy turbo system!!! dude i really feel for ya, you just got screwed over big time. id sue him for it in small claims court. and belive me, you deserve that avatar after all this bro.
I was thinking about it, and i have a decent case, but for all the trouble id have to go through i dont think it would be worth it. Plus, it clearly states on his website there are no warranties, so he'd probably have me right there

Quick Reply: part out or sell as is?