5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Ugh..Crashed My Stang / Notch Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 10:08 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: Ugh..Crashed My Stang

ORIGINAL: Albizo66

you guys are confusing me...i'm 18...no wife and kids hahha..that is my sister, and my two cousins hahahahah

edit: and MJR, i don't have that kind of money...nor do I have that ability to do most of the work myself..
you can't afford not to fix it.....look at it this way...go buy a 1500 dollar ridden hard put away wet stang and gauranteed within a month or two you'll have pumped 1500 more into it from busted, and neglected crap that plagues the 5.0 world
Old 06-10-2008, 10:24 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

Damn that sucks man, I really hope you fix it up. I love the look and colour of your car.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:04 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

hey man that sucks *****

and now u have a decision to make i was in the same boat last fall as some biiiaaatch decided to back into my frontend like yours and well i fixed it , but mine was just slightly bent and by the looks of it yours is bent probably pretty good and has twisted some ****.
it looks like u need
-both fenders
-hood
-headlights and foglights
-bumper support
-bumper cover
-headlight bezel piece
-radiator brackets
-radiator?
-fan and clutch fan
-hood prop rod
-misc brackets and those 2 sensors up there
-latch assembly cable?
-paint and body work

and more like there always ends up being that is quite a list .my new bumper cover,headlights,bumper support,headlight bezel piec was about 600 bucks new reproduction taiwain stuff[:'(]so unless u got some deep pockets or friends in the business u might want to look for a donor car as u are doing also look at the 4cyl cars as u could steal alot of stuff from yours motor,tranny,diff......good luck to you
Old 06-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

one of my buddies came over today, and say i should jsut go to a junkyard, and get all the replacement parts i need...but i really think i have some decent frame damage...

my best friends cousin, who im now friends with, and who basically does all the work to my stang is coming over on sunday, and i'll see what he says..he is like Mr. Mustang, so we'll see what he says..i still just cant believe this happened

edit : MJR, whatever car i buy, will either be a roller, or even if it has an egnine and all, i will probably just swap all my stuff in..my engine is STRONG as hell, and my tranny is FLAWLESS, so i KNOW what is good/bad about my stuff, so ill just swap it in
Old 06-11-2008, 09:53 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

good luck and keep us posted
Old 06-11-2008, 10:33 PM
F1aReD
3rd Gear Member

SAME EXACT THING happened to my stang. girlfriend was driving it, steering wheel locked up! i still have no idea why it happened but your not the only one it happened to..she was goin 40+ and hit a tree, glad she got out alive

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/e...Picture419.jpg
Old 06-11-2008, 10:51 PM
USMC1775
4th Gear Member

Damn dude... you had one of the nicest looking Foxes IMO. Time for a SN95 in that same blue?
Old 06-11-2008, 10:51 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang8689

Why buy that POS for 2k when you can fix yours. If there is no frame damage briing it to DE and I will fix it for 2k. I have a parts car with perfect core support and fenders. You will need a new hood and bumper cover though
2k will not get that car looking how it did before...

thankyou for acknowledging the fact my cars a POS.. but it has a straight frame and all vin tags are original.

i saved $1800 by NOT fixing my old car.. plus with the parts ive sold off it ive almost paid off my new car.

$2k will get you a decent, and running foxbody. they all have problems.. for example your steering column.. that wont be a cheap fix.

trust me.. part with it and move on
Old 06-12-2008, 12:45 PM
LT61
2nd Gear Member

Glad to hear your alright, it sure was a nice looking car, best of luck to you
Old 06-12-2008, 01:11 PM
camaroeater
4th Gear Member

i say take your parts off a get another, especially since the wheel locked up. Could you even imagine if you fixed it and it happended again.

Quick Reply: Ugh..Crashed My Stang / Notch Build Thread