5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

you think your family would support you

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 08:55 AM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

Default RE: you think your family would support you

My wife doesn't really like my car, but I told her if I had to choose only one, I'm keeping the faster one. Besides that, I've only got $5k in mods in her and I can always find a newer model to add 900cc's of saline too.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:44 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

my whole family hates the car and anytime they hear the car go over 3k rpms they think im "street racing" and im only going 15mph. lol!
Old 06-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Explosive

Not really an issue here since my dad and I are building the car.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:19 AM
68CSTANG
3rd Gear Member

No one has ever told me to sell either car but alot of people have said I sink way too much money into this stuff..
Old 06-23-2008, 11:21 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

I hear ya Mjr! My wife says she likes mustangs and all that but she doesn't know hardly anything about them, she doesn't like comming out into the garage to help if I need a 2nd hand really quick. Complains when I am out there for to long but says she doesn't lol. I can go out for like 20 mins then shes asking when I'm comming in and says its been like an hour. The 98 we own is techniquly hers but I drive it as a DD. Shes really not that bad though lol. Shes gotten used to it. I have talked about selling mine before but she says she won't let me. OO well,[8D] my car was in my life first so shes gotta deal with it.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:55 PM
PFCAiello
1st Gear Member

my dads always saying to buy a newer car...like his charger r/t. my 30 year old 2 thousand dollar mustang was only a second behind his 30k 'modern muscle car', then i sold it. imlookin fora 82-85 capri now
Old 06-23-2008, 02:24 PM
ponyboy302
3rd Gear Member

i say f*** what anyone says and just do you !!!
you only get one chance and youll never have this time again

when your 60 do you wanna be thinkin about the peice of crap honda you used to have or about the sick stang you used to wake up your neighbors with lol
Old 06-23-2008, 02:33 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

my folks know and understand that I am keepin my 94 gt till I die, but that was because my mother was the original owner. They love the idea of keeping it in the family but are not big on the idea of me modifying her. It all started when I switched out the wheels and she said she was aginst me changing the car but admited afterwards that they looked good.

Wife? F-that man never have and never will..... I like the idea of doing what ever the heck I want, when ever I want. Call me selfish but if you can get the milk for free????? If I had to choose between a car and a woman I would sum it up in one sentence, you can always fix a car..........
Old 06-23-2008, 02:35 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

try this on for size,

you parents hate you car,
hate your g/f
hate you for having those two things and when you move out hate you for moving out and call you to tell you how you're ****in up your life by being with a girl for 4 years with a strong relationship in which you'll be married and have a hobby that keeps you out of trouble and have never had trouble paying your bills, never been in trouble with the law, have a stable job and social life...yet you parents hate you for having all those things

thats what im doing right now, (btw did i mention they hate me?) i dont know what to do about it either except....accept it and move on. DEAL WITH IT!
Old 06-23-2008, 04:01 PM
1988GTstang
3rd Gear Member

no i defiently dont want to remember having a honda thats for damn sure lol
i find it funny when people call it a POS but i didnt run when i got it and now im driving it every day i guess some people will just never understand the feeling of the muscle and building your own car
especially my ex girlfriends...which is problly why im single lol

Quick Reply: you think your family would support you