5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

i f#$@%n hate this gd car!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 09:24 AM
wiljersey
1st Gear Member

Default i f#$@%n hate this gd car!!!!!!!!!!

it has been slightly overheating i have done everything under the sun except completely remove the thermostat( could this help) i have put in 3 so far. i even removed the ac condencer hoping to get more air through. i was told i could have a blown head gasket and it be blowing the exhaust through to the intake port. i am replacing the heads and gaskets as soon as i figure which cam im getting. i have had this problem for about 3 months now and it is really pissing me off. it gets to about 3/4 up the temp gauge. in traffic it got real hot one time and i parked it. 10 min. later i started it and went to back out and the large thermostat hose blew off from too much pressure. im running a 16" electric fan and factory radiator. oh its a 91 gt 5.0 and i live in the texas heat
Old 06-29-2008, 09:37 AM
8banger
4th Gear Member

Default RE: i f#$@%n hate this gd car!!!!!!!!!!

Could bea slight head gasket leak.Start the car COLD and remove the rad cap....if it has pressureor bubbles over or see bubbles in the coolant.......head gasket or cracked head.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:39 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

have you flow-tested the radiator? is your fan blowing the right way? are you running the correct pressure cap?
Old 06-29-2008, 12:21 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Texas heat does suck my friend. I have some small problems with mine during the hottest part of the days. Sometimes it will rise above 190 degrees even with my Mark VIII fan. I need a new water pump though, mine tends to squeak when it gets too hot.. Get a bigger radiator and it should help if not solve your problems.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:59 PM
droptop302
3rd Gear Member

I have the mark8 fan and i live in Florida> Black car AC full blast in stop and go traffic will not get hot at all. But i do have a new 3 core radiator water pump and 180t/statWhen i am on the high way fan will not come on at all. OP what type of fan do you have? how old is the rad?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:24 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Stock fan, stock radiator, and a 347 stroker... 90+ degree days and I have NO problems.. like I said before....

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

have you flow-tested the radiator? is your fan blowing the right way? are you running the correct pressure cap?

Old 06-29-2008, 04:14 PM
wiljersey
1st Gear Member

no i haven't flow tested the radiator. i was just going to buy a three core. i will needone eventually if i keep adding on. it is a 16" electric fan on a toggle switch. i turn it on when i start the car and off when i shut it off and it is still getting hot. i installed the thermostatic fancontrol but it was getting way too hot with that so i hooked up a toggle to be able to control it.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Mustangboi20

Well i dont know if this help's i mean i have a v6 mustang, but i changed everyting on my cooling system, radiator, fan, collant temp sender, thermo like 4 times, hoses, and everyhting and it kept on heating up, come to show that i blew my head gaskets and it was the end of my problems...you might wanna have that checked bro....just my opinion...
Old 06-29-2008, 06:01 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: Mustangboi20

Well i dont know if this help's i mean i have a v6 mustang, but i changed everyting on my cooling system, radiator, fan, collant temp sender, thermo like 4 times, hoses, and everyhting and it kept on heating up, come to show that i blew my head gaskets and it was the end of my problems...you might wanna have that checked bro....just my opinion...
head gaskets should have been the FIRST thing you tried... V6 stangs are notorious for it
Old 06-29-2008, 11:44 PM
Jfsram
4th Gear Member

I'd start off with replacing the radiator.

Quick Reply: i f#$@%n hate this gd car!!!!!!!!!!