5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Calling all lowered 5.0s with LTs

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 04:38 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Default Calling all lowered 5.0s with LTs

This is more SN95 specific but if you fox guys want to throw down some input thats good too. Here goes:

I have H&R SS springs right now and want to remove my front isos to drop the car some more, but I also want to get some LTs for her, thinkin BBK.

Who is running lowered cars dropped at least 1.75" with longtubes (specify what kind) and let me know what kind of clearance issues you have while driving. If I'm going to be scraping ALL the time I probably won't do it, but let me know. Also if you can give me your ground clearance with the LTs that would be great too, thanks guys!
Old 06-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Milton
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Calling all lowered 5.0s with LTs

I dont have long tubes tho so this probably wont be very useful,feel free not to read

My 95 is lowered about 2 inchs if i had to guess it doesnt take much of a speed bumb to scrape. ive bottomed out once i believed actually driving down a road, but it was country road and not very good.

Idont know how much the longtubes lower the exhaust system but if you figure youll be about 1.75 lower, you probably have roughly the same ground clearence (my cats do hang a little low, not drastic but you can see the bottom of them looking at the car)
Old 06-29-2008, 06:51 PM
5.0stang123
2nd Gear Member

Why lower your car it already looks low, any lower and it would look like ****, something a honda would do. Leave it be. I really like the looks of it and it looks really good the way it is, but this is just my opinion and its not my car, so its up to you.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:30 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Flowtech LT's, Eibach Sportlines... and I only scrape over BIG bumps. I need to reposition one muffler b/c it hangs slightly lower than I like

Clearance

Drop

Old 06-29-2008, 09:51 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

damn that looks close adder, just a guesstimit how much clearance do u think u have..?
Old 06-29-2008, 09:55 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

IIRC shorty midpipes usually give less clearance than most LTs and their midpipes
Old 06-29-2008, 09:58 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

i was gonna say my bbk shorties,bbk h pipe sit pretty low and i have to go 1 mph over speed bumps and im still at stock height i had a buddy who had bbk lt's and it looked like he had more room than i did stock for stock just different headers.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:04 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

I had LT's on my 92 coupe and it was low...not issues at all.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:45 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Thanks for the input so far guys, my car never sees speed bumps and I avoid steep driveways and everything so it's very rare that I have to tackle one.

ORIGINAL: 5.0stang123

Why lower your car it already looks low, any lower and it would look like ****, something a honda would do. Leave it be. I really like the looks of it and it looks really good the way it is, but this is just my opinion and its not my car, so its up to you.
It is low, but I want it a little lower to take the edge off the wheel gap. Trust me it won't look like ****, and it's nothing like a Honda.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:32 PM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

My 87 is lowered about an 1.25" in the front. The motor is dropped about an inch with drop mounts. I have bbk 1 3/4 longtubes, they hang down just below my subframe connecters by about .5". I only scrape them if I drive up on a curb sometimes. If I take it slow and go up at an angle I never scrape.

Quick Reply: Calling all lowered 5.0s with LTs