5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

***UPDATE*** on post #34, shes got color!

Old 07-17-2008, 11:14 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: body repair progress

looks like fun....and i just spent the last 2 months off and on doing it and am almost back together and painted again.

what color or respraying the same color?
Old 07-18-2008, 08:21 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

i think im going to go black just for this year with some cheap paint but next year i want to go back, perfect all the body panels, new head/tail light, mouldings, weather stripping and then do something similar to 5.0 stanger except in iridescent
Old 07-18-2008, 03:11 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

^^^ why do it twice within a year for all the headache u go through i would just do it once and call it good paint it the same color and buy the rubbers and moldings as u go...
Old 07-21-2008, 10:16 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

right now im only fixing where the problem areas are. i'm going to be creating fiberglass panels,over the next couple of months. (hood, fenders, deck lid) once those are completed and fit correctly i will go back and paint it how i want. but i'm not going to pour all my efforts into something thats not even going to be the final product....waste of money.

but that also doesnt mean im going to half *** it. it will be a quailty paint job with some decent paint...it just wont cost me a ton of money to do it.

i really dont have much time right now to do all of this at once and i dont know about everyone else but i cant stand leaving stuff unfinished. at least this way i can look at it and be satisfied seeing that it "looks" done, even though i know its not.

i work one full time job(insurance) one part time job(home depot) and odd jobs on the side(fixing friends cars, building furnishings, remodling kitchens, ect. ect.)
Old 08-01-2008, 09:10 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

new paint
Old 08-01-2008, 09:12 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

everything is loosly sitting on the back end(trunk and bumper) but on the driver side all the body work is complete except! i cant align the damn driver door. you can see how it sits kind of low and pushed in.

i'm messed with the fender and door hinges....i cant get it right....any suggestions plz!?!?!
Old 08-01-2008, 10:47 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

unbolt it with fender apron removed and play with it until lined up I keed door shut while doing it
Old 08-01-2008, 10:50 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

you mean that plastic liner in the wheel well? thats not in there right now. i just cant get the lower half of the fender to push in anymore than it is...and the door doesnt really adjust.....its already a lot better than it was...but its still way off.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:53 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

is that the side you made a panel for???
Old 08-01-2008, 10:58 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

yes, thats the fixed lower half of the fender. do you think the mount where it bolts in on the bottom part of the car moved when i fixed it?

i really don think it should have moved considering that was all good metal still and i left it alone, i just fixed the face of the panel where the swiss cheese was.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ***UPDATE*** on post #34, shes got color!