5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

ET Streets question

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 02:49 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

Default ET Streets question

How are the et streets on the street? the drag strip im going to is 150+ miles away, and i was wondering if they can be drivin to the track and back? i cant find any Dr's so i might get the et streets. those are in stock. thanks peeps
Old 08-03-2008, 02:56 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ET Streets question

just drive to the track on your other tires and when u get there jack it up and swap them.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:59 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

cant do that. for one they will jack my wheels and i cant have the other wheels in the car...
Old 08-03-2008, 03:02 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

your driving that far with your car and no tools and no one else you know with tools or help....

then just drive on them then...[8D]
Old 08-03-2008, 03:09 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

you can have tools but the the two wheels in the car while racing. and if i where to leave them out someone will jack them. damn CA.. i usually swap the wheels at the track. but i just got some new wheels and i dont want them to be stolen.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:13 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

well roll there on the 10 holes... nobody should be stealing those... and or drag another buddy there with you so you can stash in their ride or so they can watch over your stuff for you.

and why dont you just order a set of drag radials new and be done with it my nitto 275's were right under 400 for the 2 brand new and mounted from discount tire.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:12 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

you canrun the ET streets without to much problems but if it rains you will be hating life TRUST ME. make sure you just put more air in them before you leave the track. they will move around more then the radials will also do to them being Bias-plytires. or you could get a chain and chain your tire to a post some where till the end of the race then just switch back
Old 08-03-2008, 04:42 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

dude you will be fine! I daily drive my mustang with Mickey thompson et streets . I have also been caught out in the rain about 6 times, and never even broke the tires loose. Of course i was taking it very slowly.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:39 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kweb288

. I have also been caught out in the rain about 6 times, and never even broke the tires loose. Of course i was taking it very slowly.
[sm=roll.gif]It most only be a problem with high HP cars then..[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]ROFLMAO I just couldnt help my self...[:@]
Old 08-03-2008, 11:17 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

i got the et streets, love them, good traction, drove in the rain once, not a prob, so i took it in a parking lot while wet, stops very good but when i hammered on it, they spun, so just take it easy and no worries. they wont last a long time dd, so get an extra set and find a buddy.

Quick Reply: ET Streets question