5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Anderson n-41 cam?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 09:59 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

Default Anderson n-41 cam?

hey i was wondering anyone running this cam? i thinking about getting this cam with some afr 165's or edelbrock heads... my car is going to need a engine soon. long story short i got ****ed. my paint job whent to **** and my engine is taking a crap.. hopefully soon ill get a 308 short block.. thanks for any input.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:27 AM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

what happened with the paint job?
Old 08-20-2008, 02:32 AM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

indeed what happened to the paint, and if your gonna be running a stock bottom end i would look at the nhr-51 have heard really good things about it and sounds good...
Old 08-20-2008, 01:41 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

warning long story lol

The car was done ready for me to pick it up, But it was not buffed out. I was going to a mustang cruise in my area, and i thought to my self that would be bad *** if i can get this thing polished up for the cruise. My painter said i saw this guy buffing and polishing this car up a couple of shops down ask him if he will do it..... whent over talked to the guy and he said yea ill do it this car is going to be the best looking car out there. told him when can you do it. he said leave it here and ill start on it tomorrow by the time you get out of work it will be done ( i get out at 5pm)....... after work i go over there and it was not done only half of the car was done. so i tell the guy whats going on? he said im just taking my time i want this to be nice. i said cool thats fine. the guy told me hey im not going to be here tomorrow when you get back i need the money now, so i said sure. the next day i come back and that ****er took off and left my car in the sun with whatever compound on the paint. that **** can not come off! he burnt the paint all the through the metal an inch on the roof and on the 1/4 panel there is another 2 inch burn mark through the metal, and he cracked the paint on the fender!!! i called the guy and he would not pick up and no one knows where he is! o drove my car home and i noticed it was running hot. i put fluid in it and everything seemed fine. drove the car the next day to work and it started getting hot again. i looked under the car and i see a leak............ it was the freeze plug on the head side of the head. i replace it, and another one goes out! in the back of the engine. the engine is making a wierd noise and freeze plugs are going out left and right..... not only that when i got my car back they gave me a gallon of gas because my car ran out. im missing header bolts so i have a leak and my clutch grabs higher..... it has been a very bad week for me..... sorry for the rant, but everytime i think about it, it just pisses me off! there are more things, but ill stop writing here
Old 08-20-2008, 03:14 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

ouch man bad luck....