5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

BBK H-Pipe Is Junk and Customer Service Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 06:00 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

my bbk pipe was mounted on another car, taken off, and mounted on mine. we had to massage one of the collectors, but it has remained perfect from then on.

and i think the guy from BBK is going above and beyond his job, all he REALLY had to tell you was "this isent covered by our warrenty, tough luck"
Old 08-23-2008, 06:10 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

I have to agree with everyone here... Its not BBK's fault that you got hot headed and hacked up your pipe!

They have an excellent warranty process and have been very helpful to ALOT of people. It is not their fault... its yours!
Old 08-23-2008, 12:13 PM
86HOGT
5th Gear Member

I got their short x pipe over a year and a half ago the same time I bought some used BBK Long tube headers from eBay. Well, the headers came with the three bolt collectors and the new x-pipe came with the dome collectors. I'm guessing the headers were an older model, but they were ceramic coated and got a good deal so I made work. Got some collectors for the x pipe, hacked the dome collectors off the x pipe and welded the right three bolt collectors on the x pipe.

Now if I blamed BBK for this, it would be sort of similiar to your situation, mine's just a little more extreme. The only good thing was that these older model long tube headers cleared the steering shaft no problem.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Stella94GT
3rd Gear Member

im not gunna pick a side but something i ordered from bbk didnt fit right either. i ordered my long tubes and off road x from lmperformance and one side of the pipe didnt line up with the headers, i dont know if the header was bent up too far or the pipe was off but i had to take it to an exhaust shop and have them tweek it a little bit to bolt it up.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:55 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I side with bbk on this one , for one if you were stupid enough to hack up the pipe to make it fit then go back and call and want warranty , then serves your stupid butt right!!! you sound like the kind of person who goes to Burger King eats a whopper and then wines about how it tasted horrible after you've eaten the whole thing and still want your money back buy BBK'S matchin headers instead of using your stock POS ones that are meant for a 2 1/4 h-pipe then it may have fit fime, if you were trying to use a 2 1/2 h-pipe with the deeper flange area that'll sink into 2 1/4 headers more than that may of been the issue....good luck!!
Old 08-24-2008, 01:28 PM
50GT
1st Gear Member

Well first off I didn't hack anything up or re-weld it. The car was taken to a professional who does custom exhaust. The reason I took it to him to make sure I was not doing something wrong, which I was glad it wasn't me. It was his opinion that that the H-pipe was a POS. But when he said it would cost me 70 dollars to fix it, I said go ahead. There was no way I was going to say that’s ok I'll tow the vehicle home and wait for BBK to send me my money back. I guess a majority of you that said I should have sent the pipe back don't drive there car everyday and depend on it for work. I am not one of those people who eat something than complain. But if I buy your product and you tell me it dose something it doesn’t, you can bet your *** I will let you know. The car is my only vehicle and I don't have the time or money to play games. So yes it is fine that everyone so far loves BBK but I'm just sharing my opinion and my experience with their product. I could have bought a summit pipe for far less, but decided against it after thinking you get what you pay for. Boy was I wrong. I can tell you I will never buy another product from them.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:33 PM
50GT
1st Gear Member

Well first off I didn't hack anything up or re-weld it. The car was taken to a professional who does custom exhaust. The reason I took it to him to make sure I was not doing something wrong, which I was glad it wasn't me. It was his opinion that that the H-pipe was a POS. But when he said it would cost me 70 dollars to fix it, I said go ahead. There was no way I was going to say that’s ok I'll tow the vehicle home and wait for BBK to send me my money back. I guess a majority of you that said I should have sent the pipe back don't drive there car everyday and depend on it for work. I am not one of those people who eat something than complain. But if I buy your product and you tell me it dose something it doesn’t, you can bet your *** I will let you know. The car is my only vehicle and I don't have the time or money to play games. So yes it is fine that everyone so far loves BBK but I'm just sharing my opinion and my experience with their product. I could have bought a summit pipe for far less, but decided against it after thinking you get what you pay for. Boy was I wrong. I can tell you I will never buy another product from them.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:39 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

all I have to say is... there are those of us here that are smart enough to know when we should, and shouldnt modify our cars.

Do you think I was very happy when i blew the motor in my car... 200 miles from home?

know what i did... I sucked it up, and bought another car.. then fixed my problem.

And if you come back with "well not everyone can afford two cars" If you dont have $200 in your bank account to spend on a DD beater like I did... they you have no business modifying your car in the first place. Priorities people!!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 01:52 PM
50GT
1st Gear Member

I dont want to drive a beater, nor do I want a modified drag car. I dont think a offroad h-pipe is means i'm turning it in to a race car.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:00 PM
50GT
1st Gear Member

Don't think by paying more money you get a better product. If this post can save one person money, by them buying a cheaper h-pipe from summit or another company. Then I'm happy.

Quick Reply: BBK H-Pipe Is Junk and Customer Service Sucks