5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Venting

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 08:23 AM
mighty90
2nd Gear Member

If they kept making T-tops, I'd prolly look into it. I really don't know why the idea died. Well, aside from the cost of replacing them when they fly off and smash on the ground (prior experience). Really, that is what is the driving force behind the vehicle change.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:50 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

f u and imports they will never have a spot in my driveway and 8 grand for 400 hp .lol.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:27 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

you may as well just cut your ***** off now then... wont be needing them

takes ***** to drive a foxbody 140mph and still render a smile
Old 08-27-2008, 03:57 PM
mighty90
2nd Gear Member

Back to the original statement:

Its been two dam years since I've been able to go to a drag strip, these next few months need to hurry the *** up.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 93 LX FiveO
you may as well just cut your ***** off now then... wont be needing them

takes ***** to drive a foxbody 140mph and still render a smile
Ive only had the nads to muster up the courage to go 120.... and it was pretty scary running that fast on a stock suspension... she kept wanting to go, but I had to slow her down...
Old 08-28-2008, 02:46 AM
mighty90
2nd Gear Member

I don't trust the fox body design enough to go 140, it becomes a shake machine + the aerodynamics are practically non-existent. One small *** up and you become a nice meat sandwich for the paramedics to scrape out of the seat.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:00 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

i don't blame you those z's are nice looking cars. i drove my friends fox in a race once, didn't even take it out of 4th cause i thought the front of the car was falling part.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:16 PM
DeltaElite121
2nd Gear Member

Seeing as my 5.0 is my project car (I am chevy at heart, and have a few ;P), I can understand where you're coming from. Sounds to me like either you haven't found what you really want yet, or you're just looking to try something different. That's what I did, and I ended up really liking the results. Doesn't hurt to really gain an appreciation for cars in any playing field, but I also think you are limiting yourself greatly since now it's going to take more effort to get the power potential you want. I guess in that regard, I look at cost (in which case, I'm surprised you didn't get another 'maro?)

Either way, just be prepared to deal with alot of rice on your plate, because you're going to have to dig through alot of it to find those one or two guys who actually aren't lame and really just enjoy building those Nissan's. I suppose every 'car group' has it's bad apples though, yeah? Hope you like what you get, regardless. I'm interested to see what you get when you nab a good deal.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:25 PM
mighty90
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Delta. Anyhow, time for a follow up. Its been about a month since I got back to the states. I haven't had the time to go pick up the stang, but I will probably in February. I'm looking forward to the 4-6 hour drive back to San Antonio with it from Dallas. I got the Z, a 92 Cherry Red Pearl Twin Turbo 300zx. Car is in great shape, its got less problems than I anticipated. It needs a brake change and a new stereo, other than that, it is clean.

Here are some bad photo's. On Sunday I'll try to take better ones if the weather is good.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:12 PM
15austin
3rd Gear Member

Nice looking Z. I like those cars along with a variety of others (imports and domestic). Im not just a Ford guy. I knew a guy that I use to race with had a ZX-TT unsure of the year same body style of yours, ran a consistant 14.0's with it. I liked to wheel hop on the take off, not bad but a slight wheel hop. Took yours to the track yet?

Quick Reply: Venting