5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Venting

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 06:23 AM
mighty90
2nd Gear Member

Default Venting

Holy Sh*t, mighty90 made a thread instead of responding irrelevantly to someone elses thread. Whoa

Ok, now. I have to vent. You don't have to read but, if you do.. eh, Its good reading material.

Ahem*

It has been over two years now since I was last able to drive my mustang. I still remember the last long drive out to Atlanta from Augusta to get it to the Vehicle Processing center for us military folk. I've had no interactions with it other than photo-shopping the 8 pictures I have of it. In about 5 months I'll get to drive it again. I'm excited but, the length of time being away from it have scorned me from wanting to keep it. The convertible option was awesome but it left a hole in me that yearns for what I used to have. T-tops.
If anyone doesn't know or hasn't owned a t-top before, its a completely different feeling that no convertible or sunroof/moonroof can replace.
I found a friend out here who just pcs'd and has always wanted exactly what I have. I decided to sell it to him for 3k.
In place of it I'm planning to buy a 90-96 300zx. Looking at it reminds me of my old iroc (which I miss dearly) and I'm hoping it'll bring that feeling back into my heart that I had when I was going 113 down the Loop 101 in AZ with the tops down as the sun rose in the east. I know mustangs have t-tops, I don't feel right in a mustang. As if I'm in someone else's dream. Hopefully this will be a good choice, if it goes through and I don't fall back in love with it. It's just been so dang long since I've seen it, heard it, felt it, or smashed all over people in it. Ack, I dunno. But ..if anyone is in San Antonio and has a 300z next to their fox they wanna get rid of in a few months, I'm all game.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:49 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

why the hell is it taking so long for the car to get processed?
Old 08-24-2008, 06:52 AM
mighty90
2nd Gear Member

Ha, I should have clarified. My bad adder. I took it to the "VPC" to be put it into storage whilst I was away on duty. Its been in storage facility ever since. They kindly put out a report each month to tell me it still starts, so sweet of them. I wish they'd send me a pic.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:17 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

so you want an import now.......
Old 08-26-2008, 04:37 AM
mighty90
2nd Gear Member

Yeah. I know, I've failed. The only response I can think of is "Its been in the country long enough to be considered domestic." lol I just really dig the smooth lines it has and I think the mustang would be better off with someone who's always wanted exactly that.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:09 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

so they report it still runs after they hotrod it a little bit??
Old 08-26-2008, 11:14 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

good luck getting the 300 do GO 113 or whatever you said, those things are slow

ttops are nice though, but i hate the interior...

if you want ttops and want something that isnt gay, get a C3 corvette or something
Old 08-26-2008, 11:15 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

the TT versions arent slow
Old 08-27-2008, 04:59 AM
mighty90
2nd Gear Member

Jasper's right, TT models aren't slow. But getting a used one is asking for problems. I don't want to end up as that ricer boy. There is a company near my next unit that'll swap out the engine +extra's for TT putting 400hp to the tranny for about 8 grand.

Something clean and straight like below... why do I feel like this is becoming an OT thread... Sheat.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:30 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Dude.. its sounds to me like you really should be looking into a SN-95.

113mph is asking for a vibrating death in a fox, but 120 mph is commonplace for my cobra...

Hell, we had it up to 142 on the way back from NH one time And that was before the stroker and gears... I still have yet to try and top it out!

Quick Reply: Venting