5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Whats this car worth

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Bansh-eman

Default Whats this car worth

I have been trying to build a car for many years now, but the timing just hasn't worked out in my favor. I have a guy on another site that I am a longtime member of that has a 331 with alot of stuff on it he is possibly getting rid of. I was wondering first of all if the build sounds like it was done right or if the parts seemed to be the cheap parts to get it built, and also what kind of price would this car sell for?

I am going to add picts to the bottom of the post.

I got this pm from him....

this car has a tubular frame under it (better known as the k member) it is chromoly steel powdercoated chrome.. shaves a bunch of weight off the front end and makes it easier to work on.. this car has a 331 stroker in it.. accel dfi gen 7 fuel injection, novi 2000 blower capable of 30psi boost. all brackets, pulleys, intake and everything in between is powdercoated(by me) .. the headers are jet hot coated.. i went all out on this car.. i really love the car but have no time for it. i havent even had a chance to take it to the dyno to have it tuned.. it has about 1/2 mile on it so far.. so its all new.. drilled and slotted rotors, all new brake calipers and cylinders, all flexible brake lines are stainless braided, moser 31 spine axles, auburn pro differential, tremec tko tranny, 373 gears, rearend hass all nex bearings,races and seals,. motor is all forged with a scat 4340 crank, eagle h beam rods, and je pistons.. the rotating assembly was balanced and blueprinted when it was built.. aluminum radiator. new trunk lid when it was painted.. all the glass and trim where removed when painted.. also the motor and all was stripped out of the car when it was painted.. all new weatherseals. door window felts.. this car has power locks and windows.. all autometer gauges, digital ignition, msd distributor, victor jr heads with the high dollar cometic gaskets.. it thumps pretty hard but is stret driveable.. it still has power steering (new rack n pinion, power steering pump and hoses) it has lakewood 90/10 coil-over drag struts, and 50/50 lakewood drag shocks in the rear. subframe connectors, all tourqe boxes have been reinforced, southside lift bars(powdercoated red) bbk steel boxed upper control arms.. upr bump steer kit.. and the list goes on and on..

Old 09-17-2008, 12:18 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

its worthless, but i can take it off your hands if you'd like as a courtesy
Old 09-17-2008, 12:21 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:22 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

looks like a pretty serious car.
i'd go 10k for it if its as nice in person as it looks on here
Old 09-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Bansh-eman

Dont know much about Mustang's right now, are the parts he used quality or what?

And I realize they are only worth what someone is willing to pay. But there is obviously a range that it falls into before someone is lowballing and when the guy is smoking crack on his asking price.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:27 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

So is this a car you're looking to buy? It looks immaculate. I wouldn't let it go for less than 12 if it were mine
Old 09-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Bansh-eman

Yes, it's one i am thinking about. Wasnt sure it it was built well or if it just looked nice but was built like crap.

Edit: Also the guy told me the car used to be a 4 banger that it is built on. Is there any down sides to that?

Last edited by Bansh-eman; 09-17-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:03 AM
DeltaElite121
2nd Gear Member

Looks good, but I have to question if it's wise to buy a heavily modified car like this one when you have no idea about any information (experience-wise, I mean) with these parts on the car. Normally I wouldn't suggest stepping down a notch but if I were you I'd pass on it simply because I think it would be a much better idea to get one that is fairly close to stock so you can learn as you go and actually have a reason to get in there and do some work to it, as opposed to just diving in there to probably fix things with that car.

Not knocking it. It's definitely nice, but I know if all I knew was that the 'parts are good parts, and they're nice' then I don't think I'd buy it simply because of how litte I know about the car. I guess I'm saying that because if something goes wrong, you might end up a little clueless as to what the problem is since you've never fidgeted with one of these before. Either way, glad to see you're looking to join the rest of the herd.

- oh, and don't take this the wrong way as me questioning your abilities. I'm just telling you how I feel about that kind of thing because if it were me I want to know what I can/can't do with what I have as opposed to figuring it out the hard way and breaking a bunch of stuff.

Last edited by DeltaElite121; 09-19-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:28 AM
U S Marine
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bansh-eman
Yes, it's one i am thinking about. Wasnt sure it it was built well or if it just looked nice but was built like crap.

Edit: Also the guy told me the car used to be a 4 banger that it is built on. Is there any down sides to that?
Can't really tell if it's BUILT like crap, but he's got some nice parts in his assembly. As far as it previously being a 4 cyl car, it doesn't matter any more. Even if it was a V8 car, he has changed everything that was different from the 4 to an 8 anyway. I like it. If he's realistic, buy it. There are plenty of smart guys on here that can assist in troubleshooting via internet. GET ALL THE RECEIPTS HE HAS!!! GET ALL THE SPECS YOU CAN GET!! It will be hard to troubleshoot if you don't know what you have.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:44 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

can you afford it when she breaks? looks like an expensive build.

Quick Reply: Whats this car worth