5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Arm Drop Live

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 04:37 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Default Arm Drop Live

Rich Christensen is at it again. He is putting on a show at No Problem Raceway in Belle Rose, Louisiana. Just wondering if anyone is going to it. I am going with my car and I have a few friends that are going with their mustangs as well. I have one friend who runs a an early 90's model firebird with somewhere around a 421cid small block Chevy that will be there. Just let me know if any of ya'll are going to be there. We can sit back and shoot the breeze after the races or something. The Warden and me are probly just going to camp there for the night.

Check out the information on the race @ www.noproblemraceway.com
Old 10-02-2008, 10:18 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

good luck to you.

so how is the new motor running? any runs on that motor yet?
Old 10-03-2008, 10:36 AM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Default Car issues

The car is running great. I still have a little minor tip in hesitation on my carb set up, nothing some further tuning can't fix. I just got the car fully functional and driving 2 days before I came to work this hitch, only 5 more days and I will be back home for 2 weeks to finalize the tuning and take it to the local track we frequent. I will then adjust the tune for track conditions and see what the best E.T.'s I can get out of it. As long as it runs between a 11.7-12.3 bracket, I will be happy. I built the engine to run on N2O, just lost interest in the spray. I'm more of an all motor kind of guy. I have only had two problems thus far out of it. One beings I didn't have the hood pinned, it flew up and ripped off, breaking it up real bad and it bent the crap outta my cowl panel. And after I parked it back in the shop after that, I noticed the next morning that there was a puddle of tranny fluid under the bell housing. So I gotta drop the tranny when I get home and find out if it is the front seal or the front pump housing gasket leaking, fix it and re-install same.

I have not had the car on a good asphalt surface, like the highways. But I did launch off of the footbrake in my concrete driveway and it felt like a beast. The suspension seems to be transferring the weight fairly well to be mostly stock. I can't get a real good feel for it yet because my sub-division streets where I live has really crappy asphalt surfacing done to them and if I try and lean on the gas to much the car just wants to blow the tires out from under it. I even let my wife drive it around the block one time. She loved it, wants me to build her one now. I am going to try and hold her off until I get my 408cid stroker built and just buy a car and put my 347 in a body for her. Or buy an allready set up roller drag car and put my big driveline in it and give her my coupe.

But anyhow, if ya'll are around or can make the event, ya'll come. We be sure to pass a good time.