5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

you 5.0 guys are something else..

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 05:56 PM
silverstang1996
5th Gear Member

Default you 5.0 guys are something else..

Alright, don't know if any of you made it to the first fall carlisle car show, but it's not too great, and there must be quite a few morons. I'm walking down the rows of cars and spot an extraordinary 5.0 sn95. What was so special about it was, it wasn't a 5.0 GT or a 5.0 cobra, but a special edition GT/Cobra package!! So I'm looking at this thing, the owner must be a real artist, for where the normal fender badging is, it said "GT Mustang", then about a foot below it had a Cobra emblem. The cowl hood also had "cobra 5.0". Haha, I wish I could post pictures of it online, but I don't know how to w/ my phone. It was probably the dumbest thing I saw at the show. The car obviously was an original GT (had all GT bumpers, inside was of Reg. GT). I just wish the guy was around so I could of saw what BS he would spew from his mouth about it. Just thought I'd give you 5.0 cousins a little laugh =)
Old 10-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Canary94GT
4th Gear Member

omgz I had the GT/Cobra option too!!! But I went for the GT... haha

Anyways, he's just a stupid poser.. what does this have to do with us :P
Old 10-03-2008, 06:26 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Originally Posted by silverstang1996
Alright, don't know if any of you made it to the first fall carlisle car show, but it's not too great, and there must be quite a few morons. I'm walking down the rows of cars and spot an extraordinary 5.0 sn95. What was so special about it was, it wasn't a 5.0 GT or a 5.0 cobra, but a special edition GT/Cobra package!! So I'm looking at this thing, the owner must be a real artist, for where the normal fender badging is, it said "GT Mustang", then about a foot below it had a Cobra emblem. The cowl hood also had "cobra 5.0". Haha, I wish I could post pictures of it online, but I don't know how to w/ my phone. It was probably the dumbest thing I saw at the show. The car obviously was an original GT (had all GT bumpers, inside was of Reg. GT). I just wish the guy was around so I could of saw what BS he would spew from his mouth about it. Just thought I'd give you 5.0 cousins a little laugh =)
Yeah, it's almost as funny as you posting this in the tech section, instead of the general discussion section where it belongs.

Moral of the story, don't break someone down for ignorance when you're guilty of it also!
Old 10-03-2008, 07:16 PM
85stang project
1st Gear Member

Talking

lmao more flamin
Old 10-03-2008, 07:37 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Yea, that's pretty lame, it's either a GT or a Cobra. If he had a GT and put Cobra parts in it, then I'd say it's OK for the Cobra emblem (alone) as there's only like 10 parts, if that, that separate the GT from the Cobra in 94/95 (no originality back then).

Now SVO did make a special edition GT-40 that you could special order from Ford. The GT-40 is extremely rare as few people knew of this special order option. The GT-40 used an SVO Motorsports GT-40 style upper/lower intake (same as the Cobra but had slightly larger ports and no Cobra plate on top of the intake), GT-40 X303 Aluminum Heads (much more agressive than the iron GT-40s used in the SVT Cobra, a more agressive cam (not sure if it's a B303 or an E303), 3.55 or 3.73 gears (owners choice), and a SVO Powerdyne S/C was also an option (kind of a crappy one too).

The Base GT-40 was badged as a GT and looked everybit like a stock GT but the N/A version put out 290 bhp, and the S/C version was near 375 and was the only stang at the time (other than top Saleens) that could beat Camaros, and the S/C version could even give Vettes of the erra a good run.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:10 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by PRO50SC
Yeah, it's almost as funny as you posting this in the tech section, instead of the general discussion section where it belongs.

Moral of the story, don't break someone down for ignorance when you're guilty of it also!
bwaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......LOL
Old 10-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Epic89lx

Originally Posted by jthorn9
Yea, that's pretty lame, it's either a GT or a Cobra. If he had a GT and put Cobra parts in it, then I'd say it's OK for the Cobra emblem (alone) as there's only like 10 parts, if that, that separate the GT from the Cobra in 94/95 (no originality back then).

Now SVO did make a special edition GT-40 that you could special order from Ford. The GT-40 is extremely rare as few people knew of this special order option. The GT-40 used an SVO Motorsports GT-40 style upper/lower intake (same as the Cobra but had slightly larger ports and no Cobra plate on top of the intake), GT-40 X303 Aluminum Heads (much more agressive than the iron GT-40s used in the SVT Cobra, a more agressive cam (not sure if it's a B303 or an E303), 3.55 or 3.73 gears (owners choice), and a SVO Powerdyne S/C was also an option (kind of a crappy one too).

The Base GT-40 was badged as a GT and looked everybit like a stock GT but the N/A version put out 290 bhp, and the S/C version was near 375 and was the only stang at the time (other than top Saleens) that could beat Camaros, and the S/C version could even give Vettes of the erra a good run.

wow, i never knew that. i must look that up. very intresting info there
Old 10-03-2008, 09:08 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Yea those people kinda **** me off. Along with those who one cars and can't drive them. for example a guy I work with has a newer Mach 1 and can only run a 14.1. Or those who are at the track (which I have seen mostly in cobras for some reason) and all the way to 4th before they even get to the 1/8th mile. It is ridiculous.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:45 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

and you mod motor people are slow..
Old 10-03-2008, 09:56 PM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

Ha ha ha...V8 fight

Quick Reply: you 5.0 guys are something else..