5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

so here is my ride i just got for an old shotgun

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 09:41 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

Default so here is my ride i just got for an old shotgun

alright so i have been lookin for a cheap project or something and came across this car , not really for the body has it has seen better days but could be fixed up everything works and what not.

so for the goods the car is an 82' gt it has a just freshened new pistons,rings,bearings, he said not mild and not real wild cam so ? it is a 1969 351 windsor with gt 40's with some p & polish work, roller rockers, performer intake,new performance clutch and flywheel, new ceramic coated long tube bbk headers, with an old school srod 4 speed behind it.

he also gave me a good fender and bumper to fix it , and also a rebuilt 8.8 rearend with 3.27 gears.

i think i did pretty good for a 20 year old remington shotgun. that is my youngest in there driving ..
Old 10-11-2008, 09:46 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

ahh forgot to add pics here you go
Attached Thumbnails so here is my ride i just got for an old shotgun-highboy-parts-166.jpg   so here is my ride i just got for an old shotgun-highboy-parts-170.jpg   so here is my ride i just got for an old shotgun-highboy-parts-163.jpg   so here is my ride i just got for an old shotgun-highboy-parts-167.jpg  
Old 10-11-2008, 09:52 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

Default alright now for the best part

the motor now i know their gt 40;s as this is not my first pair of them , gt stamped on the corners and inside like the pic shows and the 3 bars on the front of the heads, but also when i popped the valvecover i noticed that they had hencho en mexico or something so these are mexican gt 40 heads just curious as my other pair i dont remember them saying this anyone know?
Attached Thumbnails so here is my ride i just got for an old shotgun-highboy-parts-168.jpg   so here is my ride i just got for an old shotgun-highboy-parts-169.jpg   so here is my ride i just got for an old shotgun-highboy-parts-173.jpg   so here is my ride i just got for an old shotgun-highboy-parts-174.jpg   so here is my ride i just got for an old shotgun-highboy-parts-175.jpg  

Old 10-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

gonna drop your 306 in there?
Old 10-11-2008, 10:23 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

uhh for one no and did u see what it already has in it?

and my 306 is kinda apart as i had a oil ring during assembly i think bend over and guoge the crap out of cylinder#2 so that is on the engine stand all torn apart.

but i also am thinkin of gettin this 88 coupe 4 cyl car , strait and no rust, good glass i got the guy right now in for a trade for my msd box and coil but not sure yet.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:10 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

wow for an old shotgun you got all that? doesn't even look that bad body wise besides that fender. i like the looks of that hood on it, is it the stock hood?

and for the love of god take the trailer hitch off
lol
Old 10-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jtmustang
uhh for one no and did u see what it already has in it?

and my 306 is kinda apart as i had a oil ring during assembly i think bend over and guoge the crap out of cylinder#2 so that is on the engine stand all torn apart.

but i also am thinkin of gettin this 88 coupe 4 cyl car , strait and no rust, good glass i got the guy right now in for a trade for my msd box and coil but not sure yet.
didnt even see the other post. looks like agood motor
Old 10-12-2008, 01:26 AM
dudeboy
3rd Gear Member

haha, they wrote "Hecho en Mexico" backwards...

Nice find man... What are the current plans then?
This motor in the other car?
Fix this and run it?
??????

jason
Old 10-12-2008, 11:21 AM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

hey there dudeboy (jason) i dont know what im doing yet im not really feeling the all red car i hate red plus it would need some work to make it worthy probably get it fired up and then pull it out and save for something or put my twisted wedges on it ?

and whats with the mexico writing ?

just dont remember my other gt40's with the mexico writing in them

good deal i think for an old remington shotgun i think the headers are nice and new along with the motor and it being a 69 block

im trying to get the old owner to dig up the specs as he said new pistons and cam and cam he said was not mild and not real wild so just want to know kinda whats in it u know.

but i will probably take the car to the scrap yard unless someone wants as is without the motor and trans.

i ahve another link on a 4cyl coupe but not sure yet he wants to trade me my msd box for the whole 88 coupe roller no interior,strait body thpugh im not sure what im gonna do yet?

i had to go to edgewood to pick this car up but oh well good deal in my eyes
Old 10-12-2008, 11:24 AM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
wow for an old shotgun you got all that? doesn't even look that bad body wise besides that fender. i like the looks of that hood on it, is it the stock hood?

and for the love of god take the trailer hitch off
lol

yeah ll this for aa old remington shotgun

yeah stock hood and the whole car is pretty much mint except fender and bumper and he gave me good ones of those to replace and an 8.8 also

and if the car goes to the scrapper the hitch adds weight man.lol. as scrap here is $216 a ton right now as my neighbor just went so that would be my money back and then pretty much free new motor and used 4 speed and free 8.8

Quick Reply: so here is my ride i just got for an old shotgun