5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

1989 Mustang California Special Edition Saleen INFO??? Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 01:28 PM
brettrix

Default Here are my pics!

I made a 1989 California Edition album on mustang forums as public so I guess anyone can add there pics to that album...

This should work!

https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...a-edition.html
Old 04-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Js88lx
3rd Gear Member

imageshack.us
Old 04-17-2012, 08:41 AM
brettrix

AH HAAA - i have been able to add pics to my car on my profile - click the link under my screen name to see pics... not sure how to embed them in the post yet!!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:28 AM
TheShyzah

Thats whats up. Im glad to finally talk to some people who have the same car as I do. Yeah we should all definitely get together i would love to check out everyones cali editions or other cars in general. I live in the valley near tracy but im down to drive out where ever once i get my car fixed and up to par.

FLOSSY tell Slakkr to get on here and get ahold of me once he drops the new motor in so we can all meet up, LOPING 5.0 you can bring your cali ed too

BETTRIX i dont know if you still live in AZ but once we all plan a date to meet up you should make a road trip out here itll definitely be worth.

Im super curious to see everybody elses car. Hit me up and lets figure out a date that works with everybody!
Old 05-13-2012, 04:23 PM
djrockinray

Thumbs up

A nice custom touch added by someone, but for future reference, there was no California Special in 1989. Heck, Ford forgot the 25th Anniversary of the car in '89, so you can bet a California Special was never in the running either. What you have is a nice custom decal dude. The "RS" decal isn't even in the right font or layout back then, and you can bet Steve Saleen would have never put his name on any other than a fully equipped Saleen Mustang. No partial builds period. Ford on the other hand has the CS name. So a Saleen would never be a CS Mustang. I like the decal though.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:05 AM
Flossy

Originally Posted by djrockinray
A nice custom touch added by someone, but for future reference, there was no California Special in 1989. Heck, Ford forgot the 25th Anniversary of the car in '89, so you can bet a California Special was never in the running either. What you have is a nice custom decal dude. The "RS" decal isn't even in the right font or layout back then, and you can bet Steve Saleen would have never put his name on any other than a fully equipped Saleen Mustang. No partial builds period. Ford on the other hand has the CS name. So a Saleen would never be a CS Mustang. I like the decal though.
And what proof do you have to back your statement. There are obviously more than one of these cars that are all equipped pretty much the same. It may just be the suspension, but it is what it is. Have you even read the complete thread?

That "someone" seems to put the RaceCraft Suspension on numerous different white GT's, and all of the ones I have seen have sunroofs. There are 4 just on this thread, there must be quite a few more that aren't on the forum/totalled/repainted...

Last edited by Flossy; 05-14-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:01 PM
TheShyzah

Your a clown let me start with that. Obviously you have no clue what your talking about cause its not a CS. It's a saleen California edition. My dad drove one from Infineon raceway for ford when it 0 miles on it so theyre real. Just read the posts, don't be that know it all that really knows nothing at all and is just ignorant. I doubt all the people that have a California edition on this post all got the same custom decals with the same color in the same spots
Old 05-15-2012, 03:52 PM
djrockinray

Originally Posted by TheShyzah
Your a clown let me start with that. Obviously you have no clue what your talking about cause its not a CS. It's a saleen California edition. My dad drove one from Infineon raceway for ford when it 0 miles on it so theyre real. Just read the posts, don't be that know it all that really knows nothing at all and is just ignorant. I doubt all the people that have a California edition on this post all got the same custom decals with the same color in the same spots
LOL, love the "clown" reference. I have looked through every MM&FF,CarCraft mag I have from 88,89, 1990 and I see no such beast including Saleen California Edition. If this was, it would have been news back in those days. I do agree that a dealership was involved in transforming a few cars as a dealer installed option. In short, Marketing tricks to sell cars, and even though Saleen was in it's infancy, it had considerable draw to buyers with the Saleen name on anything. This type of dealership practice has been done with numerous cars since the sixties. Fact is fact junior, dealer options don't make it the real McCoy. If it was Saleen would have built it himself, numbered the car, and would have authentic documentation. I doubt these cars have any of that. So, we have a dealer performance package. End of story. This is not about knowing it all man, just common sense. So daddy-o drove one of these Ford dealership inspired cars on the track. Would love to hear his story. Ignorance? I was racing Mustangs back then too. Yea, I'm ignorant all right. Likely have forgotten more than you have learned.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:29 PM
loping5.0

..... So anyway back to finding out more info about these cars I have a hurst shifter, does anyone else have one? And have a hurst emblem on the dash?....... I might be selling my Cali edition soon so we NEED to set up a meat and greet!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:24 AM
Flossy

LOL, love the "clown" reference. I have looked through every MM&FF,CarCraft mag I have from 88,89, 1990 and I see no such beast including Saleen California Edition. If this was, it would have been news back in those days. I do agree that a dealership was involved in transforming a few cars as a dealer installed option. In short, Marketing tricks to sell cars, and even though Saleen was in it's infancy, it had considerable draw to buyers with the Saleen name on anything. This type of dealership practice has been done with numerous cars since the sixties. Fact is fact junior, dealer options don't make it the real McCoy. If it was Saleen would have built it himself, numbered the car, and would have authentic documentation. I doubt these cars have any of that. So, we have a dealer performance package. End of story. This is not about knowing it all man, just common sense. So daddy-o drove one of these Ford dealership inspired cars on the track. Would love to hear his story. Ignorance? I was racing Mustangs back then too. Yea, I'm ignorant all right. Likely have forgotten more than you have learned.
I am sure it is more than a few stickers... Check this out
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290514077646...9#ht_917wt_821

Loping, how much are you going to sell yours for? I am interested. Shoot me a PM.

Quick Reply: 1989 Mustang California Special Edition Saleen INFO??? Anyone?