5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

wrecked my Stang PICS ALSO HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO FIX THIS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 06:53 PM
kennebellgt
2nd Gear Member

Default wrecked my Stang PICS How hard is it to replace radiator support???

I recently wrecked my mustang, and i took off my front bumper and i see a horrible thing! my bumper support on one side is smashed in i dont know how i am going to fix this, i tried to pull it out with a hand wench, I tied one end to a tree and the other end to my bumper support and its not budging, i might be able to just throw my bumper on but i wonder if I'll have alignment issue's, I really don't know what to do anyways here's some pics tell me what you guys think, thanks for all the help also the pic on the far left is the bent side and the pic right next to that is the other side but that side is normal, the other side is not

how hard is it to replace radiator support for my year mustang?
Attached Thumbnails wrecked my Stang PICS ALSO HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO FIX THIS?-car-wrecked.jpg   wrecked my Stang PICS ALSO HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO FIX THIS?-car-wrecked2.jpg   wrecked my Stang PICS ALSO HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO FIX THIS?-picture-113.jpg   wrecked my Stang PICS ALSO HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO FIX THIS?-picture-115.jpg  

Last edited by kennebellgt; 12-07-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:06 PM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

that sucks man. i had a friend fix a raditor support by tying a tow strap to the support and the other to a rearend of car. he set the strap up so it would lift one side (kinda hard to explain) he wrapped it so the tension and torque would pull the bend out. Worse case scenerio is to cut it out and weld new piece in.

i would def get the alignment checked, and if you have the dough you might want to swing by a frame shop.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:10 PM
redpony88
4th Gear Member

you should be able to find a new support in a junkyard but i reccomend letting a pro take care of that one. a body guy is GREAT to make friends with especially if you have a sn, our cars have such smooth curves, dents show pretty easy.
but i think the junkyard will be a good place if you're feeling adventurous
Old 12-05-2008, 07:38 PM
1988TTOP
4th Gear Member

i had to cut mine out from the strut towers forward it wasnt to bad would have been nicer if i had a garage and didnt have to do it outside it looks good and u cant tell
Old 12-05-2008, 07:45 PM
kennebellgt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1988TTOP
i had to cut mine out from the strut towers forward it wasnt to bad would have been nicer if i had a garage and didnt have to do it outside it looks good and u cant tell
Do you have any pics? I am not much of a body guy so what do you mean by cut it from the strut towers?
Old 12-05-2008, 08:12 PM
1988TTOP
4th Gear Member

u know were the the struts are form there forward i had to replace cause mine was wrecked when i bought it i dont have any pics but u can see my car looks pretty good for being spray paint
Old 12-06-2008, 07:56 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

if I remember right you cant just buy the crush zone from Ford you will have to buy the whole support I use to have one laying around for years never used it so it got trashed
Old 12-06-2008, 11:46 AM
USMC1775
4th Gear Member

Hey, looks familiar!! lol

I went to the local auto wreckers, and got that crash bar for $10.. I didnt really need it, but it had a slight curve on the very end.

Then one of my buddies who has his dealers license called up his connection and got me a new header panel and headlights for 60$
Old 12-06-2008, 01:39 PM
kennebellgt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by USMC1775
Hey, looks familiar!! lol

I went to the local auto wreckers, and got that crash bar for $10.. I didnt really need it, but it had a slight curve on the very end.

Then one of my buddies who has his dealers license called up his connection and got me a new header panel and headlights for 60$
wow lol yeah it does, was your bumper support crush thingy's bent in?
Old 12-07-2008, 12:33 AM
kennebellgt
2nd Gear Member

how hard is it to replace my radiator support for my year mustang?

Quick Reply: wrecked my Stang PICS ALSO HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO FIX THIS?