5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

To anybody who has problems with the TFS top end kit.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:09 AM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

Default To anybody who has problems with the TFS top end kit.

I've found the problem, or atleast my problem...... WHat was it you ask?......... WRONG SPARKPLUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHH. but anyway its fine now and idles like a champ. Supposedly you need to use longer plugs with aluminum heads. i had no clue, no one mentioned that to me online or in person and when i asked the trickflow guy all the things i need, he never mentioned that at all. Oh well. so many people on here tried to help me so i feel obligated to share what the real problem was. Thanks to anyone who has tried to help.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:37 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

longler plugs? must be a trickflow thing. my canfields just needed autolite 24's.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:37 AM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

I had the same problem with my aluminum heads. I run an autolite 3926 I think. Can't remember and I'm at work and can't see them from here. My car got so bad, I couldn't even get it cranked. I was like WTF is wrong with you ya POS. I was to the point, I was about to load it on the trailer and take it to Stictly Performance in Houston and just drop it off and tell Richard to call me when it's dyno tuned and ready to go. But instead I called the place where I got my heads and asked them what plug they recommended and low and behold.... I felt like a retard. I fought this damm thing for two days and had to change the plug set twice, both with the wrong kind and then bought the correct kind and have been good to go since.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:20 AM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

autolite 3923 all day...
Old 01-21-2009, 11:58 AM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Are the 3923 a hotter plug than the 3926's?
Old 01-21-2009, 12:02 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

the 23's are a colder plug. thats what i've gotta switch to when i throw nitrous on it.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:07 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
longler plugs? must be a trickflow thing. my canfields just needed autolite 24's.
nope not just a tfs thing, AFR, EDELBROCK and a few others use 3924's
Old 01-21-2009, 10:43 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

Quote:

correct and cruisin did u not look at any of the info they sent u in the package it says right on there 3924 's are to be used

and ctgreddy i have a question for you about the canfield u have as i have compared my canfields to another members on here canfields and we ( well he) showed me something interesting.....pm me for details

and
Old 01-21-2009, 10:49 PM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jtmustang
Quote:

correct and cruisin did u not look at any of the info they sent u in the package it says right on there 3924 's are to be used

and ctgreddy i have a question for you about the canfield u have as i have compared my canfields to another members on here canfields and we ( well he) showed me something interesting.....pm me for details

and
i lost the instructions due to me getting excited about installing all of it and started opening piece by piece as it arrived at my door and i got like 10 dif packages and i didn't install it for a few months.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:56 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

then u would of thought to call them or ask around...huh...seems pretty easy to me.

Quick Reply: To anybody who has problems with the TFS top end kit.