5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

People who don't appreciate cars...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 01:33 PM
RODRIGUEZ
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shelty
10 bucks says she wrecks it within a month...
I'll bet that happens the first week, 17 year old girl driving one of the fastest mustangs on the road and a manual transmission, I give her a week.

And what the f#ck is she doing working at a call center when her parents are loaded?
Old 01-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Sippix
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RODRIGUEZ
And what the f#ck is she doing working at a call center when her parents are loaded?
They're teaching her how to earn an honest dollar...All while she suckles their *****. I'd hate to see what the insurance premium is on that car, since the driver is 17 and it's a sports car. 10 bucks says she'll be dropped from the policy in a week for irresponsible driving (speeding tickets, fender benders and general teenage stupidity).

My first car was a Cougar junker that burned more oil than fuel and sounded like you were in a high velocity wind tunnel while driving at 50 MPH with the windows up. At least it was a convertable - Every time I turned the ignition, it converted into a piece of crap. Sure, my father gave it to me, but he knew better than giving me a performance car and especially a car worth more than I could make in one week at a part-time job. They should have given her a beater Celebrity. lol
Old 01-28-2009, 02:25 PM
87slutstang
1st Gear Member

Default re

that is crap!!!!!!!!

my mom HELPED me buy a car when i was 16, not a GT500. it was a 2.8 V6 jeep cherokee, and i still was able to roll it!!!!

then after that i bought a drop top 5.0

ironic
Old 01-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

my first car was an 86 buick century that couldnt even get up to 90 mph.... it had more problems that things right.... hell when I got the damn car it had a problem with the electric fan and the trans was leaking bad

I hate kids these days... think everything is handed to them on a silver platter...
Old 01-28-2009, 03:16 PM
q8stang
3rd Gear Member

ok im not gonna bash on any one but if her parents can afford it whats the problem?

if i had the money hell yeah all my kids would be driving gt500's
Old 01-28-2009, 03:45 PM
pwilcziek0906

I know exactly what you mean. I bought my mustang about a year ago, im only 19 years old. but i bought it with my own money i worked for. This kid in my schools' dad died and he went out and bought an 04 mustang GT and tried drifting it in the rain and over shot it, went over a curb, and into the other lane of traffic. Dumbass...
Old 01-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

No way ANY 17 year old should have a GT500...or for that matter even a 4.6!

...that car will be trashed before long OR in a yard! ...sad sad sad! ....what are those parents thinking?!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:45 PM
pastfast125
4th Gear Member

I've had my 5.0 since I was 16. Not a scratch on it.

I don't have a problem with parents buying cars for their kids, but only if the kid actually realizes the magnitude of the situation. I now feel bad for all the stuff my mom bought me, when she really didn't have the money to do as much as she did ( well she had it, but it was in savings that she didn't want to spend.)

Anyway, I now want to pay her back all the major things she bought me once I get out of college, as well as help buy her a new car. I don't look at the stuff I own as things just handed to me with no value. I'm appreciative for what I have and very thankful. I'm working ( though at a crappy job) and I know what it's like to try to make money and pay for stuff.

That being said, the girl doesn't seem to be that way, but how can you judge that just by her not knowing what kind of car it is? Just because she's not a car enthusiast or mustang junky doesn't mean she can't drive a nice car. granted a sixxer would have been a better choice for the typical 17 year old girl, for all we know she could be a very responsible kid with a clean driving record.

Camo seats, though not my taste, if that's what she likes, so what. Let her put them in, it's her car. If you buy the car and don't like em, take em off.

nuff said.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:39 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Yeah like people are saying it's really the parent's fault, she's just excited about her new car. Funny thing is she'd be every bit as happy with a V6 Mustang so it is pretty stupid they bought her a GT500, I wonder why they didn't opt for a Saleen S281E.

At any rate she probably will crash it sooner or later and her parents probably won't learn anything from it. Obviously they have more money than brains for buying her that car to start with.

I have always been one to think you should have to work for things, most of the time when kids are given cars they don't appreciate it and that bothers me the most. I have a friend that his parents bought him 3 cars when we were growing up, 2 being brand new GMC trucks and he just don't know the value of a dollar.

More than likely I will never buy my kid a car unless i somehow end up completely loaded and the kid works his *** off for it and shows me that he deserves it and appreciates it, and even then it's one **** up and i'm taking it away from them...
Old 01-28-2009, 06:19 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

nothing wrong with young people having v8 cars, its just the matter of responsibility, i started out driving my parents desiel 4 cyl YELLOW VW beetle!!!!!!! that taught me some humility lol,
then after working my a$$ off i was able to purchase my first car at the age of 17 (one pictured below) and it was bone stock....... never had a ticket on the thing. Then once it got a little to wild i purchased a 98 cobra (which i only had for 8 months after payments and insurance got to me) and once again NO tickets, and NO accidents,

But yes i do agree that a girl that does not even know what the car is does not need a car like that

Quick Reply: People who don't appreciate cars...