5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

One down...alot to go

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 09:35 PM
BlackStallion5.0
1st Gear Member

Default One down...alot to go

I just replaced the o rings on my injectors that were one of the known problems since picking up my 88 gt and so far so good. It was a 3 hour job and it wasnt too hard, I just had to take my time putting it back together. Def needs a paint job bad! Besides that, Im still contemplating whether to re balance my drive shaft or just replace it. New ones are pretty steep for me right now. The latch on the hatch will not close...thats irritating. Probably gonna have to redo the exhaust up to the headers(any ideas). Got some pin holes in the floor pans so ill just cut them out and put in new ones. Those are just for starters, but I guess it wouldnt be fun if you didnt get to do any work. Any and all advice will be a apreciated. Thanks

Will have pics soon
Old 02-07-2009, 10:33 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

sounds like you have a project ahead of you
Old 02-07-2009, 10:45 PM
droptop302
3rd Gear Member

That was one of the first things I did when i got my stang. My friends stang caught on fire b/c of a leaking injector. That was like 10 years ago. And I also replaced every sensor on my stang except the mass air flow and fuel pump. Just turnd 160.000miles and only burns a quart of oil every 3000 miles. LOL
Old 02-08-2009, 02:19 AM
BlackStallion5.0
1st Gear Member

Haha...yeah my one buddies 88 turbo coupe burnt to the ground from a bad o-ring and after I trailered it home and changed the fluids I started her up and smelled gas. We had that upper intake off in a hurry and sure enough # 4 was leakin pretty good. It was a learning experience anyways lol. Any Ideas of what I can add for quick hp just for now?
Old 02-08-2009, 07:25 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

if you don't have exhaust that is the first thing I 'D DO TO ANY mustang, then gears
Old 02-08-2009, 11:12 AM
droptop302
3rd Gear Member

Timing is free horse power any where from 12 to 15 degrees you should feel a good bump in power.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Chadwick86
2nd Gear Member

I'm with these guys^^^^Exhaust, timing, and gears. The gear swap for me was the biggest seat of the pants feel, and it took a good .7 of a second of my 1/4 times (I need a driver mod). Have fun on the build!
Old 02-08-2009, 07:56 PM
BlackStallion5.0
1st Gear Member

I must have worded that wrong lol...it has an exhaust that is in tact but I can see pin holes that might be a problem when it needs inspected in June. Right now there are shorty headers, an h-pipe (not sure what brand) and some glass packs that im not real fond of. Im more of a flowmaster guy. The motor is completly stock from what I can tell and there are 3.73's out back that I confirmed after testing driving it =-). So its not a bad situation right now. There alot of little things that need done but im trying to make it mechanically sound and then move on to cosmetic stuff. Which reminds me Im dealing with a little paint bubbling up on the hood, roof and the lip of the hatch. Im thinking about buying a hood, so if anyone is looking to get rid of one let me know! Thanks guys. Pics will be up later on tonight.