5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Quick video of my 87 GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Miss my old Fox as well!
Old 02-22-2009, 02:07 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangsneverdie
looks pretty quick with the only mods you had on it at the time
Haha thanks man.... Just think about how quick it would be in a 500lbs + lighter car and sum 3.73's w/ a sticky tire

Originally Posted by 1988TTOP
were u at in va
I'm in Blairsville, PA right now for school but I'm from Lynchburg. It's about 4hours or so away from you. I've had to go down that way a few times with some friends to pick some stuff up for some honda's and what not.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Slo5oh
Banned

I noticed your signature says RIP....Im guessing you wrecked the car? Some a$$hole probably jumped out infront of you from nowhere right? Or or...it just got totaly lose and went into a tree without you being able to control it?
Old 02-22-2009, 03:05 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slo5oh
I noticed your signature says RIP....Im guessing you wrecked the car? Some a$$hole probably jumped out infront of you from nowhere right? Or or...it just got totaly lose and went into a tree without you being able to control it?
Umm.... Nether I got into a bunch of trouble with the car and needless to say the city was suppose to take the car instead of me paying about $2500 in fines. After over a year they never came and took it; so I stripped the whole thing out after I bought my coupe. Here it is almost 2yrs after court and the car still sits in the same place this is how it looks now....

One day I will rebuild the car... My first stang and it's a t-top car with a good body on it.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:12 PM
Slo5oh
Banned

howd ya get the fines?
Old 02-22-2009, 11:19 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slo5oh
howd ya get the fines?

Racing... There was another beautiful light blue with silver bottom 87 gt w/ 17' chrome Cobra R's, 3.73's, full exhaust, cai, udp's, and not too sure of anything else. To start it off for about 3-4 months every time I saw this guy he would rev at me going the other way, or when a car was in front of me while in busy city traffic he would gun it to egg me on and I never could get a chance to race him.

I got my chance one night in town when there was not a sole on the road (or so I thought) From a 20 roll we hit it I spun through 1st and half way through 2nd then hooked and stayed in in just for another second; I already had about 2 1/2 cars on the guy (only running about 60-65) and I proved my point and let out then by that time I realized a cop was slamming on the breaks to make a u-turn and I was like ....

All I could do was pull over and the city gave it to me real nice What really pisses me off is they never went after the other mustang. Needless to say I've learned my lesson and can't wait for the tracks to open up so I can start to run some cars.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Slo5oh
Banned

Originally Posted by 89LX Coupe
Racing... There was another beautiful light blue with silver bottom 87 gt w/ 17' chrome Cobra R's, 3.73's, full exhaust, cai, udp's, and not too sure of anything else. To start it off for about 3-4 months every time I saw this guy he would rev at me going the other way, or when a car was in front of me while in busy city traffic he would gun it to egg me on and I never could get a chance to race him.

I got my chance one night in town when there was not a sole on the road (or so I thought) From a 20 roll we hit it I spun through 1st and half way through 2nd then hooked and stayed in in just for another second; I already had about 2 1/2 cars on the guy (only running about 60-65) and I proved my point and let out then by that time I realized a cop was slamming on the breaks to make a u-turn and I was like ....

All I could do was pull over and the city gave it to me real nice What really pisses me off is they never went after the other mustang. Needless to say I've learned my lesson and can't wait for the tracks to open up so I can start to run some cars.

lol figgured as much. Another street racer getting his just due. Hope you really did learn your lesson.