5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Track Times

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Slo5oh
Banned

You cant be spinning all that much to have a 98mph trapspeed. Post the whole slip. No one can tell crap unless you have the whole thing.

Originally Posted by 91lx50udlose
why would u even go through the water with your street tires thats stupid spinning your street tires will do nothing but make them spin worse!!!!!
its hard to believe all of the idiots that do that obviously your one of them
next if you did go through the water and why would u spin them in 2nd gear why not just use 1st its alot stronger gear there is no need to do that
its because of people like you that give t5's a bad reputation

Sometimes you dont have the option of going arround the water box

....t5s have a bad reputation for good reason, not just because of idiots. If its reputation was based only on idiots not babying it, its still not a very good trans.

Last edited by Slo5oh; 03-01-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:45 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by wowvfast
and you know this for sure?*L*....the synco are brass thus go bad because of the non-drivers that drive them....20 years on my stang still same clutch and trans
I agree that damage results from abuse as you state but be aware that a majority of the t-5's in 5.0 mustangs do not have brass blocker rings on gears 1-4 , 5th yes In 85 when the t-5 was dubbed a "world class" unit is when the blocker rings on gears 1-4 where switched to steel with fiber friction material, and later became carbon fiber, 83-84 were NON world class units and would have brass blocker rings standard through out just to clarify
Old 03-01-2009, 02:46 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

IDK why all you guys are bitching saying how bad it is to do a burnout in second gear.....anyone on here that runs a T5 with DR's or slicks will tell ya you have to use second gear on a burn out. If they were that bad, I am sure I would have broke mine years ago. But, you still shouldn't burn street tires at the track, only on the road so you will look cool
Old 03-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Slo5oh
Banned

Originally Posted by 5.0stanger
IDK why all you guys are bitching saying how bad it is to do a burnout in second gear.....anyone on here that runs a T5 with DR's or slicks will tell ya you have to use second gear on a burn out. If they were that bad, I am sure I would have broke mine years ago. But, you still shouldn't burn street tires at the track, only on the road so you will look cool
generally with slicks you do like to start in second to do a burnout. Some start in first and quickly shift into second just to break em loose.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:06 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

IMO second gear burn outs are depicted by power level. If you're not making much power, I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:06 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

IMO second gear burn outs are depicted by power level. If you're not making much power, I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:08 PM
wowvfast
2nd Gear Member

I always use 2nd..several reasons why

fiber lined steel snycos aren't too much better in the later years

the 93 W/C trans was a decent t-5 with the 2.95 1st gear and the needle bearings they shift so smooth due to the phosphate coated gears
Old 03-01-2009, 04:24 PM
87slutstang
1st Gear Member

my second gear wont let me powershift into it, so i believe the syncro is going bad or is gone. oh yeah my car wont hold reverse.

i think the tranny would be a decent tranny if the person before me had taken care of it.

it is damaged so i am adding to the bad reputation by shifting it till it breaks!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 05:54 PM
mustangsneverdie
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 91lx50udlose
why would u even go through the water with your street tires thats stupid spinning your street tires will do nothing but make them spin worse!!!!!
its hard to believe all of the idiots that do that obviously your one of them
next if you did go through the water and why would u spin them in 2nd gear why not just use 1st its alot stronger gear there is no need to do that
its because of people like you that give t5's a bad reputation
t-5's are only good transmission's for v6 mustangs and s-10's and for as long as my tires spin for It's always worked well for me I have better traction if I do the burnout
Old 03-01-2009, 06:10 PM
91lx50udlose
2nd Gear Member

keep telling yourself that everyone on here except you knows its a waste
thats why you have a best of 2.04 60'
i cut a 1.90 2 weeks ago on stock tires and i know i could have done better with more time
im on the long list of guys that have never broke a t5 as well and i race every car i get its all in the way you treat it

Quick Reply: Track Times