5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Finally, ready for track on 4/1/09

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:41 AM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

Default Finally, ready for track on 4/1/09

i finally have the car ready for the track this wednesday, April 1st...of all days its gonna be on April fools day lol I havent ran since late January. I added my e-fan, 170 amp alt, and full rear suspension (installed and set up by me and a buddy)...after taking my time doing these mods, i ran into other problems...my t-stat housing was leaking so i fixed it...then my water pump went bad, so i replaced it....then my t-stat housing started to leak again!!! Well, i had a defective t-stat housing...got a new one again and FINALLY, no more leaks...I'll be at the track this wednesday and i HOPE that everything falls into place and i acheive my 12.9X or better!!!! Wish me luck!!! Weather is not the best and humidity is a lil high...we will see!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:44 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Good luck, I know you'll keep us posted! weather permitting I'll be heading out on the 4th.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:54 AM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

thanks man!!...i'll keep you all posted for sure...we'll have the video camera out there too for some footage...

i am also in need of an aluminum driveshaft...so if anyone out there has one for grabs at a good price...let me know!!
Old 03-30-2009, 06:30 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

im excited for you to run it. i know you can get that 12.9
Old 03-30-2009, 09:45 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

is this gonna be an APRIL fools thread?? lol.......good luck
Old 03-30-2009, 09:46 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by PRO50SC
Good luck, I know you'll keep us posted! weather permitting I'll be heading out on the 4th.
LOL ME TOO "B"!!! I'll be there to watch ya' bust that 11
Old 03-30-2009, 10:46 PM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

its gonna be an april 2nd thread cause thats when i'm gonna post the times up...that way no one will think i'm joking lol

I picked up a FMS aluminum ds...so i dont need one anymore...

Good luck to everyone running this week...hope everyone comes back with some new times...
Old 03-30-2009, 11:16 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Good Luck Rooster!!!
I'd give ya mine, but it looks like you got one!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:17 AM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlessedHellride
Good Luck Rooster!!!
I'd give ya mine, but it looks like you got one!!!
Thanks bro!! I know you got my back! Installed the driveshaft last night...i hope all these little things add up!!! I'm excited to go...havent raced in a while!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:38 AM
Slo5oh
Banned

Originally Posted by roostracing
i finally have the car ready for the track this wednesday, April 1st...of all days its gonna be on April fools day lol I havent ran since late January. I added my e-fan, 170 amp alt, and full rear suspension (installed and set up by me and a buddy)...after taking my time doing these mods, i ran into other problems...my t-stat housing was leaking so i fixed it...then my water pump went bad, so i replaced it....then my t-stat housing started to leak again!!! Well, i had a defective t-stat housing...got a new one again and FINALLY, no more leaks...I'll be at the track this wednesday and i HOPE that everything falls into place and i acheive my 12.9X or better!!!! Wish me luck!!! Weather is not the best and humidity is a lil high...we will see!!!
Always anxious to hear how youre doing with that car. Best of luck.

I doubt the water particulate count is all that high this time of year so I wouldnt be all that worried. Remember humidity is relitive not absolute. If the water particle count remained the same and temp drops, relitive humidity rises. Its all focused on atnospheric carrying capacity.

Quick Reply: Finally, ready for track on 4/1/09