5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

A revolving trend.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Rajun_Cajun
3rd Gear Member

Default A revolving trend.....

Is it me, or does it seem like we always get the same exaxct questions in multiple groups? Ever since I first joined I have remembered seeing at least 4-5 different threads started all around the same time in the tech section and they always pertain the to the same subject. I think we have 3 different threads about balance issues involving harmonic balancers and flywheels on the first page RIGHT NOW! I dont get it. One week, we have 5 topics all titled "What gear ratio is best for me?", and the next week we have 5 threads asking if under drive pulleys really work, and the next there are several threads on "What is the biggest tire I can fit under my fox" and "What is the biggest cam i can fit?"

I dont get it. I have noticed this trend from DAY ONE I joined the forums. Im not complaining, just wanted to see if any of the other regulars noticed this trend too.....

Maybe its some kind of conspiracy or something LOL!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:48 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Ehh it happens... At least everyone isn't thread jacking all the time. What is really screwed up is with the vehicles I work on here in the army is when the multiple turrets of bradleys go down or multiple hmmves go down with the same problem with sometimes the exact same broken piece. Or we fix one then others come in... ooohhh yea mine is broke too. I think some of it comes with someone talking about it and then others think about their car and a light bulb kicks on in their head.

Alot of people just don't use the search function. Especially when it was down last year for a couple of months!
Old 04-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Slo5oh
Banned

Forums are made up of revolving questions, as you put it. If the same question didnt get asked time and again the forum would fill up in a week with most of the info you'd need, and then a few posts every week for neuances.

You could always make a detailed, informed, and factual write up on every revolving question asked so we could have stickies and not multiple posts.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

That's the reason I don't frequent MF as much as I used to. Different day, same shiz. I know half the time the "search' feature isn't working but most of the stuff is in stickies. Most people are just too lazy to look it up themselves.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:50 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

rajun, thanks for using me as an example

im just too damn lazy to search, and plus, i dont thing my question was going to be answered in the other threads, kthxbye
Old 04-06-2009, 02:39 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

eh it allows peoplle to interact with one another.

would you rather search for something, or talk to another member about your problem? i personally like the personal interaction, and its always fun to help
Old 04-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

It keeps other people from jacking the thread. You have to remeber that it's dealing with basicly the same car, same basic engine so the same basic questions come up in differant variations. If you don't want to get involved in helping someone just skip that part of the conversation. Anytime you deal with the same car the same questions always come up.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:08 PM
symonds86
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by projectresto83
Ehh it happens... At least everyone isn't thread jacking all the time. What is really screwed up is with the vehicles I work on here in the army is when the multiple turrets of bradleys go down or multiple hmmves go down with the same problem with sometimes the exact same broken piece. Or we fix one then others come in... ooohhh yea mine is broke too. I think some of it comes with someone talking about it and then others think about their car and a light bulb kicks on in their head.

Alot of people just don't use the search function. Especially when it was down last year for a couple of months!
same thing happens in the shop i work at, seem like there will be a streak af say wheelbearings, few weeks later brakes, then brakelines, another few weeks front end parts and alignments all day. its kinda weird how that works
Old 04-06-2009, 05:13 PM
mstngsule68
4th Gear Member

atleast once a week i answer or reply on a "carb swap from efi" thread, yea it gets annoying, so thats why im currently making up a sticky for it!
Old 04-06-2009, 05:41 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

laziness is all it boils down too.