5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

My mini restore thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:22 PM
1988TTOP
4th Gear Member

ill buy that 4in hood from u
Old 08-05-2009, 08:22 PM
chazmcgee
1st Gear Member

how much and are they pricy to ship, i was going to paint it when i painted the car so i can switch w.e i wanted but yea pm me i geuss, pic coming soon put a stock hood on and about to go work on the heatr core for a lil
Old 08-06-2009, 10:32 PM
chazmcgee
1st Gear Member

Updates from today, i got off work didnt have time to do much got the dash apart i think i can go ahead and try to take apart the black boxs, everything on the dash wil be cleaned before reassembly and imma take the carpet out steam clean it and let it sit in the sun one day also put new hood on:

Old 08-06-2009, 10:36 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

wow what a mess of wiring under the hood. ugh....

looks like you're making good progress though. Good Job!!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:39 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by 60trimGT
don't mean to be an ******* or anything.. but how is that possible with those mods?
you should research more. its been done more than enough times to count. there is a group of people on another forum that try everything to see how fast they can get a stock motor fox to go. i think the fastest i've ever read is like 12.70's or something like that.

there have been a few members on here who've done it and roostracing is damn close too, hes at 13.1 or something on stock motor.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:51 PM
chazmcgee
1st Gear Member

imma clean that up but engines a bit away a couple of weeks or so but may wait to add the new stuff to it,
like i said i want 13.3's full interior, A/c and heat, I plan on suspension, gears, and tires might spend a little time on suspension as i think thats the often most overlooked aspect on cars. Engine im planning on Trickflow heads, Steed #20 cam, Holley systemax II, thinking about electric water pump but idk if i have ac whats the point.

Last edited by chazmcgee; 08-06-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:01 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

pick a better cam.

youll be much faster than 13.3 if you do your suspension right...gears, and tires...and then on top of that motor mods....you might hit a mid 12 if everything is matched and done properly.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:33 AM
Tony71502
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chazmcgee
imma clean that up but engines a bit away a couple of weeks or so but may wait to add the new stuff to it,
like i said i want 13.3's full interior, A/c and heat, I plan on suspension, gears, and tires might spend a little time on suspension as i think thats the often most overlooked aspect on cars. Engine im planning on Trickflow heads, Steed #20 cam, Holley systemax II, thinking about electric water pump but idk if i have ac whats the point.
The A/C doesn't really create much drag unless it is turned on. It acts as an idler pulley when not turned on. The water pump on the other hand, robs a good bit of power as it tries to push coolant around the motor passageways. You can engage the electric water pump when the engine is turned off to cool the car between drag runs or whatever. You have to use an electric fan with an electric pump, though. But you can also have the fan on when the engine is off, also helping to cool the car. Just don't drain your battery!
Old 08-07-2009, 11:46 AM
chazmcgee
1st Gear Member

I actually have a bad *** electric fan that i was told came from a 6 cylinder foxbody how true that is i don't know the threads going to linger this weekend i got work all weekend which sucks but with these times im lucky to have good job thats been really busy. It helps that I'm a Building Materials inspector that ranges from compaction in the ground to concrete to all over and I live in New Orleans where construction is booming, my company just picked up this pump station job thats supposed to be the biggest pumo station in the world, the GIWW or something with has a paper budget of 900 million, with actual being around 1.1 billion. I figured I would post that here instead of the get to know mustang owner thread lol.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:49 AM
chazmcgee
1st Gear Member

Is an eletric water pump good for just cruising though? Like I said I want a solid cruiser with 13.3's capability. Not looking for every bit of efficiency I can get, Im leaning more towards the if it ain't broke dont fix it, and if i need to run that bad at a track ill take the belt off for a pass and pull over and put it on. So im prolly going to stay with a good old water belt driven water pump.

Quick Reply: My mini restore thread