5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

My mini restore thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:01 AM
chazmcgee
1st Gear Member

Default My mini restore thread

Just thought i needed one of these for the hell of it
anyways my plan is to first heater core replacement, steam clean carpets fix driver door, suspension, fix ebrake(i have no idea whats not working i hope back brakes just need to be changed), change rear end im thinking about 5 lug conv, putting ac back in car, gears, building a spare motor i have for replacement pull current motor smooth engine bay a tad, clean interior, then paint it myself.

So yea just another progress thread that will
be updated with pics, starting tonight, open to any suggestions.
Im looking for a clean *** gt, decent motor, ac and heat, full interior and 13.3's im a big dude 2 so if i need nos it will happen

Edit: im posting from my phone as soon as i get home ill edit pics in.
My end goal is a sunday cruiser that goes to the dragstrip/straight roads
5 speed, but this is my first 5 speed car. So im
not gonna lie i need more wheel time, im having a prob in the rear thr car always wants to sled the rear to the left its on bald street tires and all so idk imma look into it im
not 100 percent certain but maybe just the pass tire spins

Don't have many old pics of the interior but here's the car 7/31:

Last edited by chazmcgee; 08-05-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:05 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

suspension, stick tire and 410's...you'll hit a 12.99 or faster if its a 5 speed and you know how to drive

oh and with progress threads...its always nice to have something to show first post....at least pics of what your are starting with

oh and you were looking for suggestions, we need to know goals...budget and directions of what you are "looking" for(drag, autoX, cruiser, ect). that would really help. otherwise this could go 1000000000 different ways and no one will agree on anything, so it'd be no help to you.

Last edited by FivePointOhh; 08-05-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Tony71502
5th Gear Member

If your differential has worn out clutches, it will cause one of your rear tires to spin while the other gets traction. If your car was not equipped with a posi unit, this is normal.

Tires are one of the most important things on a car. Do not drive on bald ones for your own safety. Not to mention they result in a horrible driving experience.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:17 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by chazmcgee
Just thought i needed one of these for the hell of it
pics or fail!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 03:40 PM
chazmcgee
1st Gear Member

as you can see some body work required, need to find a pass fender gt moulding kit, i need to replace the cowl panel both plastic and metal. some bondo on pass rear side, im gonna put on a stock hood, i think they look clean.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:46 PM
chazmcgee
1st Gear Member

Heres some of the interior from last night, i started taking the dash apart to get to the heater core:

heres what i bought today:
Old 08-05-2009, 04:02 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

wanna trade hoods?

Old 08-05-2009, 04:18 PM
chazmcgee
1st Gear Member

i aactually would but this hoods worst than it apears in the pics def would need some fiberglass work.

I bought this car for 700 with this hood they said is a 2" and they also gave me a 4" i have it sitting in the backyard right now, but picking up a hood in about half an hour.

edit: does anyone know if say the back brakes are out then the e brake wont work? Cause pulled up all the way the ebrake doesnt work
Old 08-05-2009, 04:33 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

lol, i work extensively with fiberglass. how do you think my hood was made?
Old 08-05-2009, 04:50 PM
60trimGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
suspension, stick tire and 410's...you'll hit a 12.99 or faster if its a 5 speed and you know how to drive

oh and with progress threads...its always nice to have something to show first post....at least pics of what your are starting with

oh and you were looking for suggestions, we need to know goals...budget and directions of what you are "looking" for(drag, autoX, cruiser, ect). that would really help. otherwise this could go 1000000000 different ways and no one will agree on anything, so it'd be no help to you.
don't mean to be an ******* or anything.. but how is that possible with those mods?

Quick Reply: My mini restore thread