5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Hello From Antioch IL

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Mr.S

Default Hello From Antioch IL

Hello Everyone, I currently live in Antioch IL. I just recently purharsced(spelling) a 1979 Mercury Capri. And I was wondering what I should get for it. It already has a built engine with 400horse, should I get a little bigger block in it(so it has 425-450 horsepower). I'm already going to get rid of the trans and replace it with a 5-speed. I would like so opinons on this matter please .
Old 08-30-2009, 08:00 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

for transmission you should look into a tremec trans (great products)

Could you tell us more about then current engine so we know what it does have? also how is the suspension on the car? cause if it isnt built, then the hp you are making wont be used effectivly
Not sure were exactlly you are located, but im in St. Charles IL
Old 08-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Mr.S

From What I understand to my knowledge of Cars. The supes is still in great shape. It has a built engine that is (I believe) is a 305 Engine. I take some pictures of it later this week to show. After I clean up my gargae for the car I take some pictures of it to show. I'm still in High School and Im living with my parents. My dad is more a mechainen(spelling) than I will ever be, he was a master techian(spelling) in Lake Bluff IL.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:23 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr.S
From What I understand to my knowledge of Cars. The supes is still in great shape. It has a built engine that is (I believe) is a 305 Engine. I take some pictures of it later this week to show. After I clean up my gargae for the car I take some pictures of it to show. I'm still in High School and Im living with my parents. My dad is more a mechainen(spelling) than I will ever be, he was a master techian(spelling) in Lake Bluff IL.
I certainly hope you didn't pay for the car based on an assumed power level... 305.. lol, that's a chevy engine... which I hope it doesnt have.

you might mean 306. but without a pretty radical cam and amazing set of heads, along with high compression and ALOT of RPM's... 400hp isnt going to happen.

if it was boosted, that would be a different story

slap your english teacher in the face btw... Mechanic is NOT a hard word to spell. neither is technician. (do yourself a favor and download mozilla firefox. It has a spell check built in)
Old 08-30-2009, 08:35 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
I certainly hope you didn't pay for the car based on an assumed power level... 305.. lol, that's a chevy engine... which I hope it doesnt have.

you might mean 306. but without a pretty radical cam and amazing set of heads, along with high compression and ALOT of RPM's... 400hp isnt going to happen.

if it was boosted, that would be a different story

slap your english teacher in the face btw... Mechanic is NOT a hard word to spell. neither is technician. (do yourself a favor and download mozilla firefox. It has a spell check built in)
^^^^ haha i was thinking the same thing about the whole spelling thing
Old 08-30-2009, 08:39 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

spell check ftw noob!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Mr.S

Originally Posted by mjr46
spell check ftw noob!!!!!!
I'm sorry, But I'm using my internet explorer and I was talking to a couple people on other site so I wasn't sure if I spell everything correctly because I was in a hurry.

no, the engine was built and it is a 302 engine. I didn't buy the car because of the "horse", I know what I was looking at. So Ya. Thanks for the input.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:19 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr.S
I didn't buy the car because of the "horse"
why not??? I bought my car because of the "snake"!
Old 08-30-2009, 09:22 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

So why did you buy the car??
Old 08-30-2009, 09:28 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

wow I haven't seen spelling like that in a long time, some of those words aren't even close.

Quick Reply: Hello From Antioch IL