5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

lil probelm with coupe...help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 09:34 PM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

Default lil probelm with coupe...help!

Hey guys...my car was running perfectly...i put a fuel pressure gauge and checked the pressure on the stock FPR...it was at 45 psi with vaccum off and line plugged...during the install i took off egr and connecting plugs, throttle cable bracket for better access to the FPR...i installed a kirban fpr and set it at 40 psi with vaccum off and line plugged...everything else was re-installed...

i noticed that the car began to surge when i would give it throttle and let go...as soon as i let go of throttle the car surges almost like it wants to turn off then goes back to normal

the car never did this before...what do you guys think it may be? I checked all vaccum line and everything is fine...do you all think i need more fuel pressure and that is why it is surging? Now, it doesnt surge the entire time...only once as soon as i let off throttle...it even turned off a couple of times when i test drove the car...it even "bucks" minimally when i let off the throttle as i'm driving...

all help is appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:42 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

i would double check the vacuum lines. the vacuum lines in that area are plastic and get very brittle with age. make sure you didnt break any causing a leak. if you still find there are no leaks, put the fuel pressure back to what you were seeing stock and see if that helps. it shouldnt be the fuel pressure tho because unless your at wot, the o2's and maf will work together making sure you dont go lean even if your fuel pressure has dropped a couple psi
Old 09-21-2009, 10:21 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

make sure that when you put the egr valve back on the gasket is sealing, if not you are inducing a large vaccum leak
Old 09-22-2009, 08:31 AM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

thanks guys...it got late on me yesterday...i will look at the car when i get out of work today...go over everything again...i'm gonna get a new egr gasket just in case...i hope it goes away...this lil problem sucks!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:27 PM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

all is fixed...no leaks, all vaccums were good...

the psi was at 39 with vaccum off...i raised it to 42 psi and the surge and bucking issues went away...no problems what so ever...guess the car just wanted more fuel...