5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

next mod help

Old 10-10-2009, 01:08 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Default next mod help

Hokay

so I am planning on doing another modification to the vert in the next coming weeks/month. I am focusing on the suspension as of right now, the only mod I have done are some strange 10 ways. and the car rides like a tank, so its time to fix that at 140,xxx miles stuff is just worn out...

so as of right now, what would be my best bang for the buck mod

rear lower control arms (looking at Maximum motorsports adjustable arms, expensive I know, but I like to do stuff once...)

lowering springs/new isolators

tossing around the ideas for coilovers up front, I just dont know how much they will effect handling, do they lower the car at all, if the weight of the car changes, do I need new springs, please edumacate me

I dont care about upper control arms, as I have been planning to have a panhard bar/torque arm setup, one day so why waste the money now...

I am looking to lower the car about 1 inch-1.5 inches. I know CC plates are only needed after dropping the car at least 1.5 inches. is the same needed for the bumpsteer kit?

just wanna make the best choice before I drop the coin on some parts

and these mods wont be going on till thanksgiving... I'll be home from school then so I can take the car apart for a few days... right now she is my sole means of conveyance
Old 10-10-2009, 08:31 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Originally Posted by Shelty
Hokay

so I am planning on doing another modification to the vert in the next coming weeks/month. I am focusing on the suspension as of right now, the only mod I have done are some strange 10 ways. and the car rides like a tank, so its time to fix that at 140,xxx miles stuff is just worn out...

so as of right now, what would be my best bang for the buck mod

rear lower control arms (looking at Maximum motorsports adjustable arms, expensive I know, but I like to do stuff once...)

lowering springs/new isolators

tossing around the ideas for coilovers up front, I just dont know how much they will effect handling, do they lower the car at all, if the weight of the car changes, do I need new springs, please edumacate me

I do

nt care ut ut upper control arms, as I have been planning to have a panhard baorque ae arm setup, one day so why waste the money now...

I am looking to lower the car about 1 inch-1.5 inches. I know CC plates are only needed after dropping the car at least 1.5 inches. is the same needed for the bumpsteer ki

just w

just wanna make the best choice before I drop the coin on some parts

a few days... right now she is my sole means of conveyance
Unless you're going to be doing a lot of racing, I would stay away from the front coil overs. The adjustability is great, you can raise lower the car at will. One thing you have to remember, you're running regular sized rims , you can take away from the clearence of the wheel to strut distance so you could have some rubbing issues. You'll have to do some measuring for that. There are different spring rates to handle the weight of the car. So if you don't make the right choice the first time you'll be buying a set of springs twice. I went w/ the recommended rate from the dealer I bought mine from and they were too soft. Now Mike runs the same rate on his car and he likes them. that shows you there is a great variance from car to car. If I were you, I would stick w/ regular coils up front.

If you are going to lower the car at all, I would def get CC plates.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:01 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

forget the suspension for now , add mo powa'
Old 10-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

thanks for the advice bernie. I'm getting to that "getting bored" phase again, so I wanna do something when I am home for thanksgiving

and mike, I would love to add more powah, but right now thats not in the budget. Twisted wedge heads, AFR heads and Canfields all cost alot of money that I dont have lol, including the supporting mods i.e. rockers, lifters, cam etc....