5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

CONVERT TROUBLES

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 10:48 AM
USMC1775
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RogerDodger1

Kid, grow up and learn something. Replacing a FRAME is a MAJOR job in a car and if he has to ask, then he has NO idea what he is getting into, AT ALL. Having a bent sub frame in the FRONT of the car, isn't going to affect the CONVERTIBLE top going up or down in the BACK of the car. If the sub frame AND the unibody is bent THAT badly, the car is toast.

Smart guy
Old 11-08-2009, 12:18 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Originally Posted by STROKER331GT
HEY GUYS, I AM NEW TO THE SITE...A LOT OF FRIENDS TOLD ME TO POST MY QUESTIONS AND MAYBE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT AND POSSIBLY HELP SOMEONE ELSE OUT IN THE PROCESS... I HAVE A 93 GT CONVERT THE TOP FRAME IS A LITTLE TWEAKED AND IS HARD TO GET THE TOP UP OR DOWN, MY QUESTIONS ARE IS IT REALLY HARD TO CHANGE THE CONVERTIBLE TOP FRAME MY SELF OR SHOULD I HAVE A PRO DO IT? ALSO HOW EXPENSIVE IS IT? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP...
The original poster said the FRAME was tweaked.
Damn it all, I really don't appreciate the harassment and insults! That's supposed to be against forum rules! This is BS!!!
Read what's posted before you respond. That way in the future you won't look like a total jackass even more than you already do. And we really don't appreciate your ignorance!!

Kid, grow up and learn something. Replacing a FRAME is a MAJOR job in a car and if he has to ask, then he has NO idea what he is getting into, AT ALL. Having a bent sub frame in the FRONT of the car, isn't going to affect the CONVERTIBLE top going up or down in the BACK of the car. If the sub frame AND the unibody is bent THAT badly, the car is toast.

As far as me being a kid. I am far from it. I don't claim to know everything but I certainly know an idiot when I read one. If you don't like the treatment here, either change your attitude or GTFO!! It's just that simple. Oh and as far as me paying attention, take your own advice on that one. Cuz right now, reading, or the lack there of owns you!!!

Last edited by PRO50SC; 11-08-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:25 PM
mustangsneverdie
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PRO50SC
Read what's posted before you respond. That way in the future you won't look like a total jackass even more than you already do. And we really don't appreciate your ignorance!!

As far as me being a kid. I am far from it. I don't claim to know everything but I certainly know an idiot when I read one. If you don't like the treatment here, either change your attitude or GTFO!! It's just that simple.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:01 PM
STROKER331GT

THANKS GUYS I SHOULD HAVE Clarified THAT THE CONVERTIBLE TOP FRAME WAS A LITTLE TWEAKED...BUT THANKS FOR THE HELPFUL RESPONSES
Old 11-08-2009, 01:14 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

That is a job for a professional and would cost more to do than the car is worth. If it's that big of an issue, find another car.
Your darn right i'LL CHIME IN "PRO50SC".........NO 1 i WON'T SHAKE MY CREDENTIALS at anyone, so assume i HAVE somewhat of an idea...lol, I am by no means an upholstry "PRO"....but given my background I will say it does not take an expert, just common sense to replace the top, once the top is off the frame is not a huge deal to remove, just a bunch of bolts. Taking pics of before and while dissassembly is in process will serve your memory best, I however, have a good memory so it wasn't necessary, I gaurantee once you get the top off you'll find some of the rivited hinge joints broken loose, I had to repair a few such things while my top was off, all in all it took 14 hrs fixing my top and installing a new one, I replaced my tack strips as well, you'll need a good staple gun, adhesive and strong fingers..lol, NO NEED for the professional if you have somewhat of mechanical skills
Old 11-08-2009, 01:23 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

The original poster said the FRAME was tweaked.

Damn it all, I really don't appreciate the harassment and insults! That's supposed to be against forum rules! This is BS!!!
he said the top frame don't have such thin skin, life here will be alot easier if you don't assume everyone here is dumb, most here are enthusiests as well as true professional techs dwell here and as part of being such, as an enthusiest one likes to learn by doing it his/herself, that's why forums exists, not so we can hound people for removing emissions stuff, or tell them a professional should build their ride, no professional has ever worked on my ride except myself.... hmm am I a professional in the industry = not the topic at hand here..lol......anyway, if your a tech with 25 years experience, pass on to the less experienced here what you know that can help them achieve their goal, on a 1 dimensional forum respect must be earned not shaken around and shown by how many certifications you can hang on your tool box.

Last edited by mjr46; 11-08-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:28 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Sorry gotta say it,

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BUUURRRRNNNNEEEEDDDD!

I feel another portmaster comming along....
Old 11-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Mahon
1st Gear Member

half this thread is just insults. he barely got his answer lol.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:15 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by projectresto83
Sorry gotta say it,

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BUUURRRRNNNNEEEEDDDD!

I feel another portmaster comming along....

ive been thinking the same thing
Old 11-08-2009, 04:40 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Rogerdodger1.... get your **** straight... there is only room on this forum for ONE *******...

and I currently hold that throne!

Quick Reply: CONVERT TROUBLES