5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

CONVERT TROUBLES

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 08:43 AM
STROKER331GT

Smile CONVERT TROUBLES

HEY GUYS, I AM NEW TO THE SITE...A LOT OF FRIENDS TOLD ME TO POST MY QUESTIONS AND MAYBE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT AND POSSIBLY HELP SOMEONE ELSE OUT IN THE PROCESS... I HAVE A 93 GT CONVERT THE TOP FRAME IS A LITTLE TWEAKED AND IS HARD TO GET THE TOP UP OR DOWN, MY QUESTIONS ARE IS IT REALLY HARD TO CHANGE THE CONVERTIBLE TOP FRAME MY SELF OR SHOULD I HAVE A PRO DO IT? ALSO HOW EXPENSIVE IS IT? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP...

Last edited by STROKER331GT; 11-08-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:46 AM
RogerDodger1
2nd Gear Member

That is a job for a professional and would cost more to do than the car is worth. If it's that big of an issue, find another car.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:03 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Originally Posted by RogerDodger1
That is a job for a professional and would cost more to do than the car is worth. If it's that big of an issue, find another car.
That's about the dumbest f'ing response I have ever heard. You have no idea the condition of his car or its worth!! Please find another forum to post dumbass comments on as most of the ppl here are already tired of them. For someone that's supposed to be a "suspension guru" you just showed how truely stupid you are. Now GTFO!!!

To the op, MJR46 just did his himself. I'm sure he will chime in, if not send him a pm. He'll be happy to help you out.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:06 AM
mustangsneverdie
5th Gear Member

if you're talking about the whole frame then no it really isnt that hard to change just a lot of hidden bolts and nuts that you'll have to fill for.I did it on my mom's car and it seemed pretty straight forward
Old 11-08-2009, 09:13 AM
RogerDodger1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PRO50SC
That's about the dumbest f'ing response I have ever heard. You have no idea the condition of his car or its worth!! Please find another forum to post dumbass comments on as most of the ppl here are already tired of them. For someone that's supposed to be a "suspension guru" you just showed how truely stupid you are. Now GTFO!!!

Kid, grow up and learn something. Replacing a FRAME is a MAJOR job in a car and if he has to ask, then he has NO idea what he is getting into, AT ALL. Having a bent sub frame in the FRONT of the car, isn't going to affect the CONVERTIBLE top going up or down in the BACK of the car. If the sub frame AND the unibody is bent THAT badly, the car is toast.

Last edited by RogerDodger1; 11-08-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:20 AM
mustangsneverdie
5th Gear Member

Kid, grow up and learn something. Replacing a FRAME is a MAJOR job in a car and if he has to ask, then he has NO idea what he is getting into, AT ALL. Having a bent sub frame in the FRONT of the car, isn't going to affect the CONVERTIBLE top going up or down in the BACK of the car. If the sub frame AND the unibody is bent THAT badly, the car is toast.

he's not talking about the frame of the car...he talking about the top frame there's a BIG difference between the two,read more carefully
Old 11-08-2009, 09:22 AM
RogerDodger1
2nd Gear Member

The original poster said the FRAME was tweaked.

Damn it all, I really don't appreciate the harassment and insults! That's supposed to be against forum rules! This is BS!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 09:24 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Take your own advice

Old 11-08-2009, 09:27 AM
mustangsneverdie
5th Gear Member

The original poster said the FRAME was tweaked.

Damn it all, I really don't appreciate the harassment and insults! That's supposed to be against forum rules! This is BS!!!
yea the top frame not the frame of the car
Old 11-08-2009, 10:46 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by STROKER331GT
HEY GUYS, I AM NEW TO THE SITE...A LOT OF FRIENDS TOLD ME TO POST MY QUESTIONS AND MAYBE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT AND POSSIBLY HELP SOMEONE ELSE OUT IN THE PROCESS... I HAVE A 93 GT CONVERT THE TOP FRAME IS A LITTLE TWEAKED AND IS HARD TO GET THE TOP UP OR DOWN, MY QUESTIONS ARE IS IT REALLY HARD TO CHANGE THE CONVERTIBLE TOP FRAME MY SELF OR SHOULD I HAVE A PRO DO IT? ALSO HOW EXPENSIVE IS IT? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP...
the OP's post says top frame. read a little closer see bolded above

Originally Posted by PRO50SC

To the op, MJR46 just did his himself. I'm sure he will chime in, if not send him a pm. He'll be happy to help you out.

rogerdoger1 where did you come from? you've obviously already pissed in bernie's cheerios

Quick Reply: CONVERT TROUBLES