5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

88 GT build....

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 03:53 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
This.

It would definitely make it alot easier to start with a clean car and an organized inventory of parts. Then you can start yourself a nice to do list.
Ya it definitely needs to be cleaned. Believe it or not I pulled it out this summer and cleaned the **** out of it, it gets that dirty in a week tho being back there. I'm going to pull it out as soon as I can, but right now its set back about 60yrds in my backyard and my entire backyard still has a ft of snow back there :/

As far as parts go, you talking about an inventory of parts that I need or that I have? Because if its parts that I need, I don't even want to get started on that list lol thats scary and I don't need to worry about that for a while. Getting the body together is main priority right now, than suspension, than rear, than trans/motor... and paint last of coarse.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:55 PM
motorman524
MF Informant

What exactly is pro15? They probably took the steel bumper off and mounted there. Not sure though.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:03 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Sorry that was supposed to say POR15 (http://www.por15.com/). I can see how the front bolts up but the rear I'm kind of confused about because I don't think that the rear bumper bolts on the same as the front (I dont remember it anyway). I guess I have to just take the rear bumper off and check it out myself. I tried to PM the guy but he never got back to me.

Also, not sure if its only me or not but it seems that theres just one post on each side and thats it..... doesen't look very stable to me :/
Old 02-21-2010, 04:46 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 88BlueGT
Whats up fellas! Its been a LONG TIME since I've been on MF but once again, I'm back into it and trying to continue on my project. For you who don't know I have an 88 GT that I stripped down a few years ago. As it sits right now its a total POS. No interior, no motor, trans, gas tank, front clip (fenders, bumpers, etc.) and it needs A TON of work. Basically, I'm broke *story or my life* but I still want to do all that I can thats within my budget since theres alot that I can do that won't cost much.

To start, I tried restoring the interior a few years back. It came out alright but I think my standards are raised a little bit since than so I want it redone. I gutted it and wire-wheeled every inch. Primered it and than sprayed down some sort of "bed liner" coating. Like I said it came out alright but I want it redone, plus I need to weld in new floorpans its gotta be chopped up anyway. So if anyone wants to follow the build that would be awesome plus I know that it will offer alot of encouragement to get my *** out there and get working on it lol.

So heres on my "things to do" for the next week or two.

1) Figure out a way to redu the interior.
2) Get dashboard mounting frame installed.
3) Replace front radiator support

Right now the car is in my backyard and has been under one of them big *** tents right now. As soon as I get one nice day I'm gonna try and roll it out, get some pictures and get it cleaned up.

Post pics soon!
holy hell welcome back stranger!! its good to see your back to working on ole blue again. btw this is jasper
Old 02-21-2010, 04:48 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Ohhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit wats up man!!! I was like who the hell is fs308 I dnt know this dude! hah Wow its been a long *** time I think the last time we talked u still had ur vert lol
Old 02-21-2010, 04:54 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

As far as parts go, you talking about an inventory of parts that I need or that I have?
I was talking about getting an inventory of the parts you have, a list of the parts you need would be good too, even if it is a bit scary.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:59 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Well as far as "parts that I have" I'm going to go ahead and claim O. I have alot of the interior and misc BS from when I stripped it down (and what I didn't sell) but I don't plan on using most of it. They're either not in the shape I want them to be or I'm going to need to upgrade.

And just for fun I'm going to start on a list of "future part"... should easily break 30k lol
Old 02-21-2010, 05:06 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

And just for fun I'm going to start on a list of "future part"... should easily break 30k lol
That's always a scary list to start.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:24 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Ohhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit wats up man!!! I was like who the hell is fs308 I dnt know this dude! hah Wow its been a long *** time I think the last time we talked u still had ur vert lol
no vert here i had a 95 gt with the stroker.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:29 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Well as far as "parts that I have" I'm going to go ahead and claim O. I have alot of the interior and misc BS from when I stripped it down (and what I didn't sell) but I don't plan on using most of it. They're either not in the shape I want them to be or I'm going to need to upgrade.

it honestly doesnt take long to accumulate a big list does it

Quick Reply: 88 GT build....