5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Anybody know of a site that shows speed shops for Mustangs!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 10:38 AM
blackonblack92

Default Anybody know of a site that shows speed shops for Mustangs!!

Hey im looking for some good places with great reputations for working on mustangs. I live in south bend indiana. but would travel close in michigan, illinois, ohio. is there a site or something that provides these shops
Old 04-06-2010, 12:02 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

If you are willing to travel to IL, look up Dean's Performance in St. Charles IL. GUY IS AWSOME, his name is Hans.
Friends and i always go to his shop to see whats going on, mostly works on cars now, and if you go over to www.chicagosvt.com you can read more about him/see his projects that are going on, guy works magic!
He mostly works on cobras from the forum, but knows his way around pushrods as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygbqjCBFXH0

this used to be the shop car until the guy got out of racing last year

www.deansperformance.com - 630-584-9530
Old 04-06-2010, 02:29 PM
stevebrack23
1st Gear Member

Wow that thing is insane. And im glad this question came up im in schaumburg il, and lookin for a shop. Does he tune thr 5.0's as well?
Old 04-06-2010, 03:28 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

He's got a dyno at the shop, I think you have to find a guy to do the tuning tho... Usually Bob Kurgan comes to the dyno to use it to tune peoples cars
Shop can be a lil hard to find, but its a great place!
Old 04-06-2010, 04:02 PM
5.0kid
5th Gear Member

Seen that car he ran efi ren didnt he? but hey i see your in Indiana as well. The guy that sponsors me just opened up a speed shop on the west side of metro detroit called blue collar performance. Hes been doing dyno work for Ford and Chevy for 15 years and was a Ford mechanic for 12 before that he makes sure he is cheaper then everyone else because he doesnt just want to get rich he wants people to be able to afford their builds and have a great time.

This is his buisness statement "A modest family business based out of Michigan. Namely the Metro Detroit area, once known as the Motor City. Our business is run off the simple belief that the desire and dream to still have a car that you can personalize and enjoy shouldn't be out of reach due to costs."

Hes gonna be building my 4v and getting me parts for really good prices hes in the middle of building a hydroplane boat motor thats a old 5.0 but runs on alky, guy knows his pushrod and modular stuff. Has a lot of connections in the industry as well. He will be doing the Volvo grand am race teams tuning at his shop as well.

You can reach him and get a quote for any thing you need at 1-877-999-0391 or send an email to Ron@bluecollarperformance.com mention that alex let you know about him.

Last edited by 5.0kid; 04-06-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:38 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

ya i think thats what he competed in... They had trouble with the car, because it got to much traction lol, as demenstrated in the video
Old 04-06-2010, 05:58 PM
5.0kid
5th Gear Member

cough cough never enough traction just lack of power lol hehe. just throw some more power at it thats the one prob with renegade no intercoolers for the blower cars so they are always burning stuff up pushing it to its limits.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:15 PM
stevebrack23
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kweb288
He's got a dyno at the shop, I think you have to find a guy to do the tuning tho... Usually Bob Kurgan comes to the dyno to use it to tune peoples cars
Shop can be a lil hard to find, but its a great place!
Since your not to far from me who around here does some tuning? just curious when things start to get rollin for me, and the dyno is a mustang one right? and off hand prices at all? if not i;'ll contact them,thanks
Old 04-06-2010, 07:38 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

ya its prety much just hans (shop owner) that does all the work, he has a few guys working for him but he's the main man, I cant remember prices, but usually Bob Kurgan (big mustang racer) will come down, or you can get someone else in there to tune on it, Kurgan is out of Byron IL, hes got a shop up there to were you can dyno
Old 04-07-2010, 09:24 PM
flyin_hawaiin
1st Gear Member

we are located in byron and are a full service facility

Quick Reply: Anybody know of a site that shows speed shops for Mustangs!!