5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Is this worth it? 88GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 02:45 AM
enfausn
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I paid 3200 for mine last year and the only problem i had was a faulty mass air i put on and a bad hood light draining my bat. It gets run hard with almost no issues. Hard to believe for a twenty year old car ya know. Had a valve cover leak to but that was it.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:31 AM
slow99GT
3rd Gear Member

I paid $100 for my new project. but yours is a little nicer LOL
Old 07-01-2010, 08:50 AM
enfausn
1st Gear Member

LOL. Tried to sand down what i thought was just a rust bubble the other day.......now I need a new fender. Always something...LOL
Old 07-01-2010, 11:25 PM
GTV8

Originally Posted by slow99GT
I paid $100 for my new project. but yours is a little nicer LOL
haha yeah thats just a little cheaper...

i dont know. im still hesitant of trying to get this one because its older... My car right now has 160,000 miles, and 128,000 doesnt seem to far away... (and my car is a 97)

im also stuck between trying to get this 88, a new edge, or waiting....

Originally Posted by enfausn
LOL. Tried to sand down what i thought was just a rust bubble the other day.......now I need a new fender. Always something...LOL
hahaha. thats no good. lol.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:42 AM
slow99GT
3rd Gear Member

I would say it depends on what you want to do... I live on the west coast.. (no salt) so My car has no rust. I got it from a buddy that just wanted it out of his shop.. NO motor though.. But I'm wanting to build a go fast car... so It was a great start, and I have other things to drive. I would save for a new edge. SO much nicer to drive. IMO.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:55 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

I would say it depends on what you want to do... I live on the west coast.. (no salt) so My car has no rust. I got it from a buddy that just wanted it out of his shop.. NO motor though.. But I'm wanting to build a go fast car... so It was a great start, and I have other things to drive. I would save for a new edge. SO much nicer to drive. IMO.
DOHC or BUST

Last edited by nacanitihs; 07-02-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:50 PM
GTV8

I dont even know what i want to do...

Oh yeah. ohio = suck... bad weather all the time. Lots of snow and salt.

Sure I want a nicer car but I like that foxes have cheap parts. But new edges are faster to start with... or I could start a mustang collection hahaha. Start off with the fox and get a new edge or something when I have a good job and stuff... I should be able to get a decent new edge one with out saving... but like i said my dads being weird about them... Ive showed him this one http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/1797291844.html and he was like "ughh you dont want cloth" which really I couldnt care less if its cloth or leather....

and I dont like how the fox has higher miles. If theyre buying it I should get the best I can :/
Old 07-04-2010, 01:35 AM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

well consider this:
a 5.0 is an extremey reliable motor. especially if it has been taken care of. 128k mi really isnt a lot for these cars. mines pushing 200 and it runs just fine.

as far as leather vs. cloth ask your dad his reasoning behind him not wanting you to get leather. seems like its a pride issue more than anything. that being said the cloth in a new edge is not the easiest to ruin. trust me ive tried.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:00 AM
GTV8

Originally Posted by simpsonfan13
well consider this:
a 5.0 is an extremey reliable motor. especially if it has been taken care of. 128k mi really isnt a lot for these cars. mines pushing 200 and it runs just fine.

as far as leather vs. cloth ask your dad his reasoning behind him not wanting you to get leather. seems like its a pride issue more than anything. that being said the cloth in a new edge is not the easiest to ruin. trust me ive tried.
haha... yeah i mean my taurus runs fine too, just takes a bit to get started. But, having a car with less miles would always be better if theyre both gonna last as long...

ill run it by my dad again and see what he says. my car now is cloth so is my brothers... i dont know. I think your right, he just wants it to be the best there is available or something..
Old 07-04-2010, 05:02 AM
GTV8

hahahahahahahahahahaha. WOW. wtf?!?!?

ok... get this, update on the 88 adds stuff that needs done and raises the price. HUH???

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/1824543496.html

and on a side note i saw a sicckkk orange fox body today... it was sexy.

Quick Reply: Is this worth it? 88GT