5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Project Selena Underway

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 05:45 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Default Project Selena Underway

Guess I'll make a thread showing the progress of my build but first I'll take things back a bit. Here is what my 95 looked like the day I bought it back in 2006:

Then after a modest bit of work in 2009:

Then after the Kenne Bell in late 2009:

As it sat today and the last day it will have the supercharger and current motor:

After I pulled the parts I have for auction on ebay:

The items I have up for auction:

Here's what is in store for Selena:
* Used 95 Mustang GT motor with 87,000 miles
* J4J1 95 Cobra ECU
* 24lb Ford Racing Fuel Injectors
* Granatelli Cold Air Intake
* ARP Head Stud Bolts
* New power steering pump
* New radiator
* Tear down he new motor, clean the block
* Rebuild new motor using my current GT-40 setup
* Sell/scrap all old parts (if you want/need anything ask me)
* Rebuild my gauge cluster
* Rewire the stereo system and reinstall
* New 5X7 speakers
* Trace and resolve electrical problems in the both doors
* Put in 94-04 black vinyl front/rear seats
* Still debating on what I'm doing rim wise, may put tires on the 99 Cobra rims, or may * restore and put 2 new tires on my FR500s not sure just yet. 2 of my FR500s are rust damaged from when my rear brakes seized up on my 99 Cobra.
* Long term will be a custom black/yellow paint scheme
Old 04-06-2011, 06:37 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Very nice looking ride, I like the updates and the latest mods $$! or if your items don't sell try corral .net
Old 04-06-2011, 08:59 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Listed them on corral for nearly 3 months, nothing but tire kickers on the supercharger. Now that I need the car again I can't sit on it any longer.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:01 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

so you're going from a KB to a N/A setup?
Old 04-06-2011, 11:20 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Yep, the Kenne Bell is just causing me too many headaches, I'll let it be somebody elses problem. The car needs to be 100% streetable because my fiance' is gonna need this car or my Cobra and I'll need this one, but first she has to learn to drive a stick. Completely redoing the interior is gonna be a fun/expensive part cause finding stock black vinyl seats is a pain. I found some on ebay but they want $1100 shipped. It's front/rear but that's a little pricey. I'll wait till I get to that part of the project. First the car just needs to run, then I'll work out the electrical bugs, then audio, then last the seats.

I figure I have about 2-3 months before her current car clunks out so I have some time.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:58 AM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jthorn9
Yep, the Kenne Bell is just causing me too many headaches, I'll let it be somebody elses problem. The car needs to be 100% streetable because my fiance' is gonna need this car or my Cobra and I'll need this one, but first she has to learn to drive a stick. Completely redoing the interior is gonna be a fun/expensive part cause finding stock black vinyl seats is a pain. I found some on ebay but they want $1100 shipped. It's front/rear but that's a little pricey. I'll wait till I get to that part of the project. First the car just needs to run, then I'll work out the electrical bugs, then audio, then last the seats.

I figure I have about 2-3 months before her current car clunks out so I have some time.
hehe...
Old 04-07-2011, 10:15 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Trust me, she doesn't give me nearly as many headaches as that thing has, her headaches usually come from her dinginess or lack or will to stand up for herself. The KB has been nothing but a problem since day one. I love the power it added but the strain it puts on everything, not to mention the stupid manner in which it installs has driven me nuts and has costed a tone of money. Going back in N/A didn't have as many problems then, main thing is I just need all new sensors cause the old ones have all been slowly crapping out.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:31 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Day #2, only worked for about another two hours, sinuses are killing me today and just didn't feel up to it, but got the whole front assembly off, valve train, and the upper intake.

Bad news is it looks like my stock k-member and a-arms are pretty rusted and I may need to get a new one. Wasn't expecting this but if I do have to get new ones I'll put in a tubular set for the added strength and weight loss. May do the front struts as well I don't think I changed those out yet but I can't remember if they were changed they were changed out in 06 and have about 30-40,000 miles on them. They still hold the stance well and show no signs of problems. Just the k-member an a-arms that look bad.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:08 PM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jthorn9

just get some Corbeau Forza's (wides feel REALLY GOOD) and the brackets, they're like $650 shipped for everything and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy nicer than any stock seats...
Old 04-07-2011, 07:19 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

I have some cheap racing seats in there now, they feel great but are just cheap. I like the stock look too, but if I have to wind up with Corbeaus I'll get them just wanted to get back to factory if all possible. I don't need the wide seats, I weigh all of 155lbs so narrow is fine for me lol.

Quick Reply: Project Selena Underway