5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

help with replacement motor

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 07:52 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

...what a shame....
Old 08-28-2011, 10:52 AM
christopher_94_gt
1st Gear Member

lol i like the import hate!!! i would have gotten a new mustang, but they wouldnt trade my car in, hyundai did and better gas mileage. i will be back in a mustang before too long.
and the trans have no problems, plus its already faster than the mustang was.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:04 AM
christopher_94_gt
1st Gear Member

oh and at least its a RWD car.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:06 AM
stdyhand
2nd Gear Member

I had to look twice at that "genesis coupe" to see if I read that right. Oh well, now they'll replace the engine in that 94 real cheap and sell it to someone else wanting that car. It's not that hard to replace the engine and only a few hours of work, depending on how fast you work. You'll end up paying far more for that hyundai and while you might like the throttle response in that little car it will not hold up to the abuse.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:14 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Originally Posted by christopher_94_gt
lol i like the import hate!!! i would have gotten a new mustang, but they wouldnt trade my car in, hyundai did and better gas mileage. i will be back in a mustang before too long.
and the trans have no problems, plus its already faster than the mustang was.
Think for a second.....think of them money you saving in gas milage......then think about how much you are spending on the loan every month.... is that really worth the savings?

Think for a second.....its faster than than the mustang was.....think of how much you are spending on the loan each month.....just imagine how much you could have done with the mustang each month instead...

Just food for thought
Old 08-29-2011, 10:42 AM
christopher_94_gt
1st Gear Member

Well the biggest thing is. Its brand new with a ten year warranty. And the mustang wasnt reliable. I had no way back and forth to work. It was drinking gas and oil. I had wasted time nd money only to hve a giant paper weight. I understand what everyone is saying and i sat on the decision for a while before going through with it and i mase sure to research as much as i could. And its a better choice for me right now. I dont have that much time outaide of work and being a father to my son. To pull a motor and rebuild or replace. And even if i did the warranty on it qould either be void because a professional didnt do it or would run out before ot really got broken in. So im fine with my choice.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:18 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by stdyhand
I It's not that hard to replace the engine and only a few hours of work, depending on how fast you work. .
come again??? few in my book = 2-4, not gonna happen , by the time you pull the motor, and if using a junkyard motor, swap over any needed parts, and remove the harness most junkyards just cut and leave on there, reinstall and if no exhaust bolts broke anywhere, intall all fluids, start , purge cooling system and road test, gauranteed a solid 8-10 hr's, if you bought a new long block, figure more in prepping and cleaning parts to be reused, and this is to say in both cases you ran into no probs which gauranteed you will run into probs on a 15+ year old car, ie...siezed/rusted bolts, most junkyard motors we will intall a new water pump and t-stat to be safe. Just recently did an h/c/i on a 92, 21 hrs later it was done and I work at a steady and ACCURATE pace, ran into numerous issues with broken/rusted/stripped bolts and parts.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:44 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by projectresto83
Think for a second.....think of them money you saving in gas milage......then think about how much you are spending on the loan every month.... is that really worth the savings?

Think for a second.....its faster than than the mustang was.....think of how much you are spending on the loan each month.....just imagine how much you could have done with the mustang each month instead...

Just food for thought
You forgot the full coverage insurance also. I am sure that is cheap..
Old 08-29-2011, 05:52 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
come again??? few in my book = 2-4, not gonna happen , by the time you pull the motor, and if using a junkyard motor, swap over any needed parts, and remove the harness most junkyards just cut and leave on there, reinstall and if no exhaust bolts broke anywhere, intall all fluids, start , purge cooling system and road test, gauranteed a solid 8-10 hr's, if you bought a new long block, figure more in prepping and cleaning parts to be reused, and this is to say in both cases you ran into no probs which gauranteed you will run into probs on a 15+ year old car, ie...siezed/rusted bolts, most junkyard motors we will intall a new water pump and t-stat to be safe. Just recently did an h/c/i on a 92, 21 hrs later it was done and I work at a steady and ACCURATE pace, ran into numerous issues with broken/rusted/stripped bolts and parts.
Mike, Stop with all of the reality it is OK for some to live in a dream land.. You know this stuff is easy that's why everyone works on there own stuff or wants to that is why people hate paying darn near 100+hr in some areas for labor when they can do it themselves ... ROFLMAO not really...
Old 08-29-2011, 08:42 PM
christopher_94_gt
1st Gear Member

lol AGREED. and my full coverage is the same price as my full coverage was on the mustang $235/month.

and the whole taking forever to swap is why i couldnt do it and why i didnt pay someone else 4-8k to do it, i have maybe 10 hours a week free time, so i did what was best for me in my life, someone else emight have been able to fix her and make her a brand new car and not had to pay as much as i will be for my new ride but oh well, life throws you lemons, just make some damn lemonade and sit the **** down and drink the ****.

Quick Reply: help with replacement motor