5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Back, this time WITH a 1991 white ragtop 5.0.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 09:27 PM
ruskiegunlover
2nd Gear Member

Default Back, this time WITH a 1991 white ragtop 5.0.....

Just took the car home tonight, just bought it off of ebay. Was in my town. Got it for a touch over 3300, car is PRISTINE. White, black top, red interior....137,000. 5.0, auto. 1 small rip on the bolster of the drivers eat, and thats IT for flaws on virtually the entire car. Eventually, it will likely be repainted....pics before long....
Old 10-27-2011, 04:37 AM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Congrats waiting for pics........
Old 10-29-2011, 08:52 AM
ruskiegunlover
2nd Gear Member

I won't have time for awhile to take pics, so here is the ebay auction...Been driving the car a lot since I picked it up. Had it insured the day after I picked it up, picked it up the day after I won it. Absolutely love it. Its amazing to me that the car will cruise at 35-40 mph at 1,000 rpm, and still accelerate if I start hitting the gas. 65 is 1500 rpm......I am used to my 2.3 ranger in which 65 is about 2400 rpm, or the 67 fastback I had in college that was at 3100 rpm at 60 mph. To me, the car seems powerful.

Cleaned it yesturday, have a few little things to fix in the interior. Need the black inner door handle bezel for the passenger side, as the center is broken out and it wants to come off. The ash tray is missing, and the damned door stays open all the time......the rear ashtray in the back of the console is out, need to put in t in.....but thats it. And to me, for what I paid, thats minor stuff. The speedometer bounces just a little, but I know thats typical of these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...CA:MOTORS:1123

A quick question: whats the difference between driving in 'OD' and 'D'? If I keep it in drive, will it not go into Overdive? As in, if its in 'd' will the rpms be a bit higher just cruising, or will the car still kick into overdrive? Dumb question, but I am curious. And isn't there some kind of special way you are supposed to shift them manually?
Old 10-30-2011, 04:17 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

if you leave it in D it will not go into OD. the door handle bezels are always broken as well as the ash tray door...lube the speedo cable to get it working smooth...

www.50resto.com www.foxmustangrestoration.com www.mpsautosalvage.com www.mustangsunlimited.com those will get you stated on parts quests etc
Old 11-01-2011, 06:29 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Look's to be a pretty good deal!

Love the white, but dunno if it goes with the red interior well.

Reminds me of when I first got my car...... look at it now, lol. WTF.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:05 AM
ruskiegunlover
2nd Gear Member

I have no problem with it at all. Love everything about it.....eventually, I will likely repaint it another color, maybe red. I like red on red cars.......I'll replace the top with a red one, keep the interior red, and paint the car red, and go to car shows and call it a super rare varient, 'triple red'....(thats sarcasm).

Since I've bought it, the door lock switch will not UNlock the doors. Still locks them. Rearview mirrors on the doors have no power to them either, going to work on that soon. Any advice with that?
Old 11-02-2011, 08:38 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ruskiegunlover
I have no problem with it at all. Love everything about it.....eventually, I will likely repaint it another color, maybe red. I like red on red cars.......I'll replace the top with a red one, keep the interior red, and paint the car red, and go to car shows and call it a super rare varient, 'triple red'....(thats sarcasm).

Since I've bought it, the door lock switch will not UNlock the doors. Still locks them. Rearview mirrors on the doors have no power to them either, going to work on that soon. Any advice with that?
well I have the red/grey interior, looks good on a red car. Just hate the red carpet and seats.

....I hope your joking about the red top, haha

I would be looking at the switchs on your door. Pull the door panel and inspect wiring, and the switchs, or the motors could be burned up. Get out the voltmeter and start testing!
Old 11-02-2011, 03:52 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

I think you got a heck of a deal!! I've seen hard top mustangs nowhere near how nice yours is go for more than that. It's bone stock, the heat and AC works, it's super clean, it's got radio/CD...just don't F the car up, haha!!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:51 PM
ruskiegunlover
2nd Gear Member

I've never used a voltmeter, need to learn how. Where could I buy one?

I may just buy a complete new set of window switches, as I know they will begin to go out eventually. Anyone sell the wiring?

And another small but irritating issue: if the drivers side window is all the way up, sometimes the door latch will not release.....if I lower the window about 1/4 inch, it will. Whats up with that?
Old 11-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

something inside the door could be getting hung up on the rods that go from the handle to the latch...

as for the switches not working... the switches are probably bad.... my old 91 had a few issues with bad switches...

but looks great. I miss my old fox everyday.

lower that thing, get a nice exhaust on it.

and be ready for wind noise.

Quick Reply: Back, this time WITH a 1991 white ragtop 5.0.....