5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

RUH ROH

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 04:05 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Cool RUH ROH

This is going on my POS as soon as I round up the last bit of parts. guaranteed to raise your eyebrow.

M112

eww dirty

throttlebody/inlet port job

heres the bottom vs a OEM M112

STOCK m112 blower:

My Stiegemeier stage 4 port

goal is anywhere around 450-500rwhp (super low timing to keep it safe), and high 10's in the 1/4 at my elevation.

On the SVT Cobra this blower was pulled off of, the Cobra had a cold air intake, this ported blower, and 2.76 pulley, mid pipe, catback, and a tune...... made 508rwhp.

my heads flow more then a 03-04 4v cobra, and I have more mods, bigger motor, cam, blah blah blah.... so i think it has the potentiol to make 550rwhp with ease with aggressive timing and cooling mods.

just thought I would throw this info/pictures out there to stir the pot

Rob

Last edited by projectresto83; 12-12-2011 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Pic Resizing
Old 12-12-2011, 04:41 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

still gonna throw a one-fitty on top of it ?

haha...i would...but id start low like...fitty, then work my way up
Old 12-12-2011, 04:48 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

I don't think that a ported Eaton blower is capable of making over 500 hp to the wheels...at least not with stock 03/04 Cobra heads and cams. And even then I'd say it's a stretch. Also, what engine are you planning on putting this on? I hate to assume but if you're planning on using that on your 89 Mustang with the list of mods in your sig then I have some bad news for you...this is not gonna fit on a pushrod engine. Not unless you fabbed up some kind of adapter plate but I don't think such a thing exists. Not trying to rain on your parade here but can you give a few more details on exactly what your plans are with this blower including what you're gonna use it on (or try to use it on)? And who told you it made that kind of power? It looks like a stage 1 port job...
Old 12-12-2011, 05:46 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nitrous_bob
still gonna throw a one-fitty on top of it ?

haha...i would...but id start low like...fitty, then work my way up
I was thinking of keeping the timing low, and using like a 30-50 shot to keep the motor cool, but dunno if I wanna risk adding any more power

Originally Posted by DeathRattle
I don't think that a ported Eaton blower is capable of making over 500 hp to the wheels...at least not with stock 03/04 Cobra heads and cams. And even then I'd say it's a stretch. Also, what engine are you planning on putting this on? I hate to assume but if you're planning on using that on your 89 Mustang with the list of mods in your sig then I have some bad news for you...this is not gonna fit on a pushrod engine. Not unless you fabbed up some kind of adapter plate but I don't think such a thing exists. Not trying to rain on your parade here but can you give a few more details on exactly what your plans are with this blower including what you're gonna use it on (or try to use it on)? And who told you it made that kind of power? It looks like a stage 1 port job...

go do some more research then. Stegimeier ported blowers make good power.

my trickflow heads flow more then SVT 4v cobra heads, I have more displacement, more modification, a aftermarket cam, ETC

it can and would make over 500 if I was willing to push it. I'm not. Goal is 10's, not a blown block.

The kit is being made and sold by a guy on corral. Its a quality kit, and has been sold for over a year by the guy.

Only issue is extending the snout puts stress on the snout itself, and bearings. So A few have come apart at the snout. That issue I will be working around with some bracing I will fabricate.

This wasn't my first choice at making power. I got a good deal on the kit, wanted to make power all the time, and wanted something UNIQUE, and it will defiantly do all that.

Only issues is the bracing for the snout, and rigging something up to keep it cool.

also its a stage 4. I called Stiegemeier myself and asked them with the number stamped in the blower before I even bought it.

Last edited by 302army187; 12-12-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:02 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Mods: I tried re-sizing the pictures but it didn't work? Anything you guys can do?

Video:

http://youtu.be/3xuiVitTo-8
Old 12-12-2011, 08:31 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Can't wait to see it on the motor man! Hope you don't have issues like you did originally with the trick flow build. PM or text me some pics of the "other parts"
Old 12-13-2011, 12:14 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by projectresto83
Can't wait to see it on the motor man! Hope you don't have issues like you did originally with the trick flow build. PM or text me some pics of the "other parts"
lol, well lastime I just overlooked the sparkplugs and the damn TPS sensor, but I tested the TPS sensor and it was such a slight problem, I overlooked it.... soooo hopefully....

I will be tuning it myself with a anderson PMS that I already have, so I will start out REAL easy on it, so it might not make the power I want for a while until I feel comfortable.

Worst I see it making is like 410rwhp.

what other parts do you speak of? I'm only really waiting on the kit/adapter from Joey to bolt the blower down. Then I need to wait until next paycheck to order gaskets, buy some metal to fabricate the bracket, and start thinking about cooling mods. (x-mas is kicking my ***)

You mean your interested in some parts or what?

Dunno why the pictures didn't resize, I changed them in photobucket, and refreshed it a bunch, and re-sizing it doesn't change the link or anything, so IDK wtf was going on.

Last edited by 302army187; 12-13-2011 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:17 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

This boy is excited. What type of intake manifold are you running with it?

Last edited by 83gtragtop; 12-13-2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:24 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
This boy is excited. What type of intake manifold are you running with it?
I'm forced to use my old ported typhoon lower intake that I still have kicking around in the garage.

While he could have fabricated a bracket to use my Victor intake, I felt it was more worth while to sell the victor, since the victor can fetch a decent dollar, and the typhoon intake can't really.

Typhoon had no issues for me, and was port matched to my current heads, so it should be fine. I have already contacted Tmoss about porting the typhoon lower intake further, but thats something I will do should I see fit.

Since its a boosted application, the 30-40cfm that I'm missing from the typhoon vs the heads would net almost no power at all, so I'm not really concerned about it.

I've liked the idea of a supercharger, but not enough to get rid of the nitrous stuff until this deal I got on the supercharger kit.

That being said...... I am more attracted to the unique quality a Eaton will provide on the mustang, and the scream of a ported eaton isn't half bad ether

BTW, I forgot to mention, between selling my Victor intake, injectors, maf, and nitrous stuff, I should actually have a couple hundred dollors PROFIT after all is said and done. (money spent for this supercharger project VS. money earned selling old parts)
Old 12-13-2011, 05:27 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Sounds like you've done your research and have your ducks in a row. I can't wait to see what that M112 does on your application.

What are you doing for cooling mods? You thought about meth or anything?

Quick Reply: RUH ROH