5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

What to do first

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 07:34 AM
bigfellazinc

Default What to do first

Well Im new here just made my first post in the introduction thread so I figured Id go ahead and start asking away.
Bought the car with everything already done. But this is what I know.
93 302 5.0 forged stock rods pistons
Heads 1975 351 windsor heads with roller rockers arms 1.6 ratio comp cams brand adjustable.
Cam Eldebrock performer rpm 302 hydraulic flat tappet -with lifters new 2007
Intake Eldebrock performer rpm alum intake

What I am looking to do is get a little more power for not a huge amount of money. If its possible. I was looking into a set of heads. Have done some reading and I think the edlebrock rpm heads is what I would like. But I need to know if they will just bolt on to what I have and no further item bought. If they are just straight swap. I am going to be building a set of zoomies for the car. I have to make those cause other headers will not work with the frame clearance. I know I will lose some back pressure because of that but its what I gotta do. If anyone can help me out and give me some input on what im wanting to do here I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks again
Aaron
Old 01-02-2012, 12:15 PM
bigfellazinc

Maybe I should say what would be a good set of heads to go with. Im ok with spending around $1000. Just dont really know what is just bolt in and what isn't.
Thanks again
Aaron
Old 01-02-2012, 10:06 PM
tinman
5th Gear Member

Why the need for 'zoomies'?
What is so much different about your car than the thousands of others that have had headers installed?
Old 01-03-2012, 08:17 AM
bigfellazinc

Its not in a mustang. Its in a 1931 model a ford sedan. Even the roadster headers that are made to come out far enough to clear the frame I have issues with the tire hitting them.
Its a rat rod.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:45 PM
bigfellazinc

Anyone ever went with the pro com 190 cam?Talked to a guy and he said these are a new design that they have put out. Or at least the set he is selling is a new design.
Thanks

http://www.competitionracingsupply.c...led_heads.html
Old 01-03-2012, 02:11 PM
foxstang302
1st Gear Member

That's a sweet ride always wanted to build a rat rod. The eddy heads will bolt on fine also look into trick flow tw heads I got mine on sale at summit for just under a grand. Do some searching in forums and see what suits your needs plenty of info out there.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Five0hFox
3rd Gear Member

Can't really help you any, but can you post some pictures?
Old 01-03-2012, 07:28 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

look at the trickflow cams. they are nice and very decent price $180 i think and split duration

i dont think you want edelbrock rpms, i think you might want performer 5.0's, those are the 1.9/1.6 valved heads

why do you think your '93 motor has forged pistons ? if yes...they are not stock. '93's had hyper pistons FYI

nice ride...welcome
Old 01-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Tony71502
5th Gear Member

Don't knock on hyper pistons. They were economical. More silicon is good for thermal expansion... but not for strength. Ford did what they did.... and I'm amazed my ranger has a 4-banger aluminum block.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:10 AM
bigfellazinc

I dont know anything about the motor just what the guy I bought it from has told me and that is what the list is on the first post. Im am so confused on what to do.