5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

90 gt setup/ Heading right direction?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Dancj2
1st Gear Member

so before thinking i paid for all this ****, the gears where in this car when i bought it, no **** on the rear suspension, why would i waste almost 1k on front and not do the rear? i was just saying where im at so far. I have only had this car a few months and this is where i am at.

Now back to my question, with what i have now and having a goal of hitting 12's where should i go. never did i say this car as it sits will run 12's, i ask where to go from here...

does anyone on this forums not troll and wants to help a guy get his Toy in the right direction?
Old 01-26-2012, 10:13 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

I believe at this point, you can just go **** yourself. If you don't want opinions on how ****ty your setup is, or what ways you SHOULD go, then don't post on an open public forum.

GL, HF, MB... and welcome to my ignore list
Old 01-27-2012, 12:17 AM
Dancj2
1st Gear Member

i have no idea how this turned so harsh, my only question was where i should go w my setup. some of this car was done and ive added what i thought i needed. alot of the above parts i got for less to nothing and some came on the car, i just wanted so direction and all i can get from this forum is trolling and neg advice.

So i may not have picked the best parts, IM LEARNING and just starting out. SO lets start over.
This is what i have, i want ideas to make this turn INTO a 12 sec car.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:48 AM
jojobanks
2nd Gear Member

adder raised some valid points. He's trying to help you get your car in the right direction and tell you what you need to meet your goals. You're the one who bought the wrong parts. And then you start cussing and getting defensive... sounds to me like you need to direct your learning curve towards taking good advice.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:58 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

don't mind the haters. On the internet, everyone has 6 second Drag Radial cars.

Anyway, your car could run 11s easily with UPR Pro Series rear suspension, slicks, and a 4.10 gear.

I ran 12.91 @ 103 with a stock 302 N/A on DRs.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Dancj2
1st Gear Member

I wasnt trying to get defensive. Most these parts i got for little to nothing, This car started as a budget car. So most these parts i picked up and just started stacking up. Like the heads. sure there not the best out there. but im in them for less then 500$
Intake i got for free. CAI was free, msd was 50$, 24 pound injectors 25$, headers and h pipe free,

So they might not be the best out there, but for the prices spent i think there the best at the time. i bought this car and just started playing and collecting. I dont think its that bad for the amount of cash i have in it.
i just didnt wanna hear all the parts are ****, i wanted to get an idea of what else i should be looking at finding. There rear of the car is next.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:14 PM
torchred5.0

Those parts aren't the worst out there...I'm trying to also get into the 12s...what is a cheap easy recipe for 12s in a carbed 5 speed car? Easier than fuel injected?
Old 01-29-2012, 07:47 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

bolt what you have together and run it, then improve from there.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Dancj2
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
bolt what you have together and run it, then improve from there.

my heads are at a shop getting new valves and port a bit, once those get here its all getting installed... im excited
Old 01-29-2012, 08:49 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

^^^^I got two IN PIECES right now, I hope to have both back up and running before the weather gets warm again, so I know your excitement, one of mine IS IN THE ASSEMBLY mode, meaning as I get time it's going back together

Quick Reply: 90 gt setup/ Heading right direction?