5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Wings West

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 10:48 AM
lukehayter
1st Gear Member

Default Wings West

Hey guys. I drive a 95 gt. I'm not a big fan of body kits from the start. As most of them resemble a rice farm on wheels, but I have been looking at this kit from Wings West.
http://www.wingswest.com/catalog/For...plete-Kit.html
I like the way it looks, because it looks natural and not over the top. This is the first one I've seen that doesn't look like total crap to me. Does anyone have any expirience with Wings West? Also, I would be keeping the fatory spoiler on it. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Tony71502
5th Gear Member

Maybe it's the view in the pictures... maybe it's the color...

For some reason when I look at that I think of camaros and it slightly resembles a supra.

Not a fan, but to each their own.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:04 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Body kits all fit like crap!!!!! If it trips your trigger then go for it. I have a Cervini Stalker kit and the fit is far from perfect.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:46 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

I like the front chin spoiler. I had one on my 5.0. The fit isn't bad, but the kit doesn't come with everything. The 3M tape it comes with is garbage and needs to be removed and replaced with commercial grade tape. You should also drill holes in the back sides of each section that clips in behind the fender well. This will help hold it on better. Also drilling 3 small holes on the bottom side and either using push pins, body screws, etc will help hold it in place even better. The 3M tape should really only be used to hold the top side in place. The lines will not be perfect, but you can get them close enough to only be noticed up close.

I would not trust the side skirts and rear bumper cover. They look like poo and do not replace the side skirts or rear bumper like a regular kit.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:31 PM
lukehayter
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jthorn9
I like the front chin spoiler. I had one on my 5.0. The fit isn't bad, but the kit doesn't come with everything. The 3M tape it comes with is garbage and needs to be removed and replaced with commercial grade tape. You should also drill holes in the back sides of each section that clips in behind the fender well. This will help hold it on better. Also drilling 3 small holes on the bottom side and either using push pins, body screws, etc will help hold it in place even better. The 3M tape should really only be used to hold the top side in place. The lines will not be perfect, but you can get them close enough to only be noticed up close.

I would not trust the side skirts and rear bumper cover. They look like poo and do not replace the side skirts or rear bumper like a regular kit.
Ok, thank you. The only part I really liked was the front. I thought the skirts replaced the stock rockers. Screw that. I just mainly want the front to look meaner, and the only thing I found other than this, that I didn't hate, is the little mach 1 chin spoiler. Know of anything else?
Old 08-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Duncan_GT
4th Gear Member

I think the stock bumper w chin spoiler and aftermarket hood looks best
Old 08-30-2012, 09:05 AM
lukehayter
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I think you're probably right. I'm in the process of ordering a 3in cowl hood from AM. I guess I could just go with their mach1 chin spoiler too. I don't want parts that fit like crap.